Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

ASUS P6X58D Premium is not recognizing my SATA 6 HDD's...

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 20, 2010 10:18:32 PM

I have a ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard in my newly built system. The motherboard is not recognizing my two SATA 6 HDD's, plugged into the SATA 6gb/s ports (with the included SATA 6 cables) at least in the BIOS it says "not detected". But when I start up it does detect them on the "startup" text screen (sorry this is my first PC, I was a Mac guy). The HDD's are Seagate 2TB, one a Seagate Barracuda St320005N1A1AS-RK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" & the other is a Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5". The motherboard however is recognizing however my blue-ray, DVD, and two SSD drives. These however are plugged into the 3gb/s SATA ports. Now for the weird thing, I formatted the Seagate HDD's and Windows 7 recognizes them, but still not the motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
November 21, 2010 3:53:10 PM

What PSU are you useing ?
I would do a BIOS update or sometimes if your useing a fake windows the drivers wont work (sometimes)..

if you have done a BIOS update and your not useing the fake windows, then try to unplug it and attach it again :) 
Score
0
November 21, 2010 3:54:27 PM

using* sorry for my bad Eeglish :( 
Score
0
Related resources
November 21, 2010 6:03:55 PM

allright this is not a problem you are looking in the bios ?
the 2 6gb ports are on a different controller (prob a jmicron)
it has its own bios

as you say mainboard will not detect my drives,just plug them into the s-ata 3gb ports you wont even notice a speed drop and your drives will show up in your POST screen
Score
0
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 716 V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 6:30:08 PM

I would assume the OP is looking in the SATA2 drive list, and SATA3 drives aren't listed there.
Score
0
November 21, 2010 8:27:27 PM

jaquith said:
I would assume the OP is looking in the SATA2 drive list, and SATA3 drives aren't listed there.

Yes, I am looking in the Drive list in my ASUS BIOS and they are not listed. Is there a way for me to look at the Marvell BIOS (the controller for the SATA 6)? And yes, they are listed in the POST screen as being detected. So then am I good?
Score
0
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 207 V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 8:37:24 PM

1. Have you plugged the DRives into the correct ports on the MoBo ? These will be a different color.

2. Have you installed the correct diver off the MoBo CD ?

Please note (just to avoid any confusion):

SATA II = 3 GB/s
SATA III = 6 gb/s

And no HD can get close to that.
Score
0
November 21, 2010 8:44:45 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
1. Have you plugged the DRives into the correct ports on the MoBo ? These will be a different color.

2. Have you installed the correct diver off the MoBo CD ?

Please note (just to avoid any confusion):

SATA II = 3 GB/s
SATA III = 6 gb/s

And no HD can get close to that.


Yes they are plugged into the SATA III ports on my mobo.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 716 V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 8:56:22 PM

Jjaro said:
Yes, I am looking in the Drive list in my ASUS BIOS and they are not listed. Is there a way for me to look at the Marvell BIOS (the controller for the SATA 6)? And yes, they are listed in the POST screen as being detected. So then am I good?

YEP you're Good! :) 

This comes up ALL of the time, you get it now! RE: Marvell - Check your manual some 'do' and some 'don't, but if you boot into the Marvell RAID they should be listed. I 'wish' it were simpler.

Enjoy!
Share
November 21, 2010 9:54:58 PM

Best answer selected by Jjaro.
Score
0
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 10:10:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!