Closed Solved

ASUS P6X58D Premium is not recognizing my SATA 6 HDD's...

I have a ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard in my newly built system. The motherboard is not recognizing my two SATA 6 HDD's, plugged into the SATA 6gb/s ports (with the included SATA 6 cables) at least in the BIOS it says "not detected". But when I start up it does detect them on the "startup" text screen (sorry this is my first PC, I was a Mac guy). The HDD's are Seagate 2TB, one a Seagate Barracuda St320005N1A1AS-RK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" & the other is a Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5". The motherboard however is recognizing however my blue-ray, DVD, and two SSD drives. These however are plugged into the 3gb/s SATA ports. Now for the weird thing, I formatted the Seagate HDD's and Windows 7 recognizes them, but still not the motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p6x58d premium recognizing sata
  1. What PSU are you useing ?
    I would do a BIOS update or sometimes if your useing a fake windows the drivers wont work (sometimes)..

if you have done a BIOS update and your not useing the fake windows, then try to unplug it and attach it again :)
  2. using* sorry for my bad Eeglish :(
  3. allright this is not a problem you are looking in the bios ?
    the 2 6gb ports are on a different controller (prob a jmicron)
    it has its own bios

as you say mainboard will not detect my drives,just plug them into the s-ata 3gb ports you wont even notice a speed drop and your drives will show up in your POST screen
  4. I would assume the OP is looking in the SATA2 drive list, and SATA3 drives aren't listed there.
  5. jaquith said:
    I would assume the OP is looking in the SATA2 drive list, and SATA3 drives aren't listed there.

Yes, I am looking in the Drive list in my ASUS BIOS and they are not listed. Is there a way for me to look at the Marvell BIOS (the controller for the SATA 6)? And yes, they are listed in the POST screen as being detected. So then am I good?
  6. 1. Have you plugged the DRives into the correct ports on the MoBo ? These will be a different color.

2. Have you installed the correct diver off the MoBo CD ?

Please note (just to avoid any confusion):

SATA II = 3 GB/s
    SATA III = 6 gb/s

And no HD can get close to that.
  7. JackNaylorPE said:
    1. Have you plugged the DRives into the correct ports on the MoBo ? These will be a different color.

2. Have you installed the correct diver off the MoBo CD ?

Please note (just to avoid any confusion):

SATA II = 3 GB/s
    SATA III = 6 gb/s

And no HD can get close to that.

Yes they are plugged into the SATA III ports on my mobo.
  8. Best answer
    Jjaro said:
    Yes, I am looking in the Drive list in my ASUS BIOS and they are not listed. Is there a way for me to look at the Marvell BIOS (the controller for the SATA 6)? And yes, they are listed in the POST screen as being detected. So then am I good?

YEP you're Good! :)

This comes up ALL of the time, you get it now! RE: Marvell - Check your manual some 'do' and some 'don't, but if you boot into the Marvell RAID they should be listed. I 'wish' it were simpler.

Enjoy!
  9. Best answer selected by Jjaro.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus SATA Hard Drives Motherboards Seagate