NVidia driver hell!

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
WOW read some of these comments!

http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-net/182227-news-nvidia-pulls-potentially-lethal-196-75-driver.html

I installed these drivers, and sadly my primary card in my geforce 7950gx2, has failed and is useless, so is there anything i can do? As my card is outside its warranty.

I was running the drivers until I saw the Hexus post. Noticed after waking the PC up from sleep mode fan speed was zero luckily I had the system monitor running or I wouldn't have noticed it. Back on the older drivers now.

Please let us know if you have any problems with driver 196.75! nVidia hasn't committed to helping anybody with this no matter if it is under warranty! That means even people who bought lifetime warranty XFX or BFG cards wont get a replacement because of nVidias mistake!!! :eek:

magneezo

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2005
I live in Nvidia driver bliss so this is news to me
There must be alot of people who are clueless about what they're doing and doing it wrong to begin with.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

How many posts did MM make about the gsod??? my first thread got closed for no reason, so this one is to help people not make the mistake of installing these drivers.

if you dont like it, dont read it! I'm trying to help people while people like you and MM try to brush the issue under the carpet!

Yep, enough posts on this. I hope NVidia takes responsibility for their mistake and fixes out of warranty cards, but regardless, we don't need all this. Maybe a sticky at the top saying don't use this driver, and let's move on. If you disliked the way MM handled the GSOD, do you really think goading and trolling will help? Civil behavior is almost always more effective.

GenXer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
I don't mean to steal your thread. But, I use my home PC daily and manage my business accordingly. The standards that are set by the business community are lacking and lose their value over issues like this. So, I think getting the word out has been sufficient. I was unaware of the seriousness of the driver issue until someone today on Tom's Hardware pointed it out. I personally had no problems with the drivers.

nFail, state your business/complaint and move on brother. We got it. I removed the 196.75 driver's ASAP when I found out. Your making enemies now. If NVIDIA makes good then all is forgiven. If not, then it will certainly have a massive impact on their future. In the end we all know to tread carefully when dealing with new drivers. Good luck and chill.

TRENDING THREADS