Order of files and folders in the "Save As" and "Open File..

December 3, 2004 2:14:33 PM

Hi all,

How can I force XP Pro to sort the files and folders alphabetically in the
"Save As" and "File Open" dialogues? I believe this is a default behaviour,
however I have one system where it seems to put recently used folders/files
in the end of the list. This driving me nuts!

Please, someone?

Thanks,
/MM
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 3:54:06 PM

Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorde...

Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=229070

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:31bhf7F374uk9U1@individual.net,
MM <mbmsv@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I force XP Pro to sort the files and folders alphabetically
> in the "Save As" and "File Open" dialogues? I believe this is a
> default behaviour, however I have one system where it seems to put
> recently used folders/files in the end of the list. This driving me
> nuts!
>
> Please, someone?
>
> Thanks,
> /MM
December 6, 2004 7:10:48 PM

> Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorde...
>
> Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=229070
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.

Neither of these methods worked, but I managed to fix the problem by simply
clearing the "Remember each folder's view settings" checkbox in the Folder
Options, sorting files by name and then applying changes to to all
folders...

/MM
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 11:24:22 AM