Order of files and folders in the "Save As" and "Open File..

Hi all,

How can I force XP Pro to sort the files and folders alphabetically in the
"Save As" and "File Open" dialogues? I believe this is a default behaviour,
however I have one system where it seems to put recently used folders/files
in the end of the list. This driving me nuts!

Please, someone?

Thanks,
/MM
3 answers Last reply
More about order files folders save open file

    Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorder.htm

    Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=229070

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:31bhf7F374uk9U1@individual.net,
    MM <mbmsv@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    > Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorder.htm
    >
    > Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=229070
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Neither of these methods worked, but I managed to fix the problem by simply
    clearing the "Remember each folder's view settings" checkbox in the Folder
    Options, sorting files by name and then applying changes to to all
    folders...

    /MM

    Glad you got it fixed.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:31jvuiF39dh88U1@individual.net,
    MM <mbmsv@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Restore Sort order in Open and Save dialogs
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_opensaveorder.htm
    >>
    >> Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=229070
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Neither of these methods worked, but I managed to fix the problem by
    > simply clearing the "Remember each folder's view settings" checkbox
    > in the Folder Options, sorting files by name and then applying
    > changes to to all folders...
    >
    > /MM

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP