Sign in with
Your question

Intel DG33TL & Nvidia 46x... incompatible ?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2010 10:37:52 PM

Hey guys. Been stuck for many hours over this and nothing seems to be working. I was previously running 8800GT with DG33TL for about 2 years and bought a brand new asus geforce 465 today. Upon hitting the power button theres a short beep and then nothing, wont even POST, and monitor just sits dead, wont blink or anything.

So far I've checked several things:

Powersupply - 700W($150+, a good one), provides up to 41A on 12V, (465 requires 600W and 38A) so its not it. Also it doesn't make that beep unless BOTH power connectors are in, as required by the videocard. I also disconnected over 3 fans and additional harddrive from power in the process just in case - nothing helped.

Connection - It sits in fully, it makes very distinct sound when it goes in and is really tight&solid once its in, theres no way thats the problem. Removed and put it back in over 10 by now too. When my 8800 is not even fully in my PC still boots up tho - just no video output.

Drivers - shouldn't matter since it doesn't even POST but I still uninstalled old ones and ran driver sweeper after reboot.

Im kind of stuck right now - I really wanted a new graphics card but If I return it, pay a fee for opening the box and get another one(maybe 460 or something)... what if same thing occurs ?

As soon as I put back 8800 back in everything is fine though.

Searched for this MOBO&GPU combination and found only 1 thread on different forum, a guy is having trouble with his 460 and DG33TL altho for him it freezes up on boot-up. So I dont even know if that's the problem. Any ideas ?

More about : intel dg33tl nvidia 46x incompatible

a b V Motherboard
November 20, 2010 11:09:48 PM

a 700w that only puts out 492w on the 12v is not a good power supply

though do you have another system to test anything in or not
m
l
November 20, 2010 11:31:14 PM

Hmm so you think it might be a PS problem ? cause Ive disconnected harddrives and several fans to try it out - same problem. Why is it only only 492w on 12V though ?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 12:03:56 AM

because W = V*A and 12*41 is only 492w

and yeah, it could be a PSU problem if the PSU is poor quality, though if you don't have another system it would be hard to test out
m
l
!