Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Strongest AMD Dual-Core?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 29, 2010 11:25:27 AM

What is the strongest AMD Dual-Core out there? Send links from Newegg plis.
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2010 5:59:30 PM

^1. Not only is it top performer but have the potential to go quad if you got the right motherboard and are lucky.
Related resources
May 31, 2010 12:10:43 AM

Wow.
That's quite a good deal for $99 and only 80 watts.
Looks like an option over a Quad 605e and at a better price.
a c 83 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 31, 2010 12:47:36 AM

magneezo said:
Wow.
That's quite a good deal for $99 and only 80 watts.
Looks like an option over a Quad 605e and at a better price.


Yeah, except you can get an Athlon II X4 2.9Ghz for the same price as that dual core. Single threaded performance is nearly as good, and anything threaded the quad will destroy the dual.
a b à CPUs
May 31, 2010 2:27:57 PM

loneninja said:
Yeah, except you can get an Athlon II X4 2.9Ghz for the same price as that dual core. Single threaded performance is nearly as good, and anything threaded the quad will destroy the dual.

Very true. The Athlon II X4 635 beats the Phenom II 555BE in almost all benchmarks by a wide margin except gaming but its not too far off while.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/122?vs=120
The only chance the Phenom II 555BE will be worth buying over the Athlon II X4 635 if it's a sure unlocker. But who can be sure about it?
a c 81 à CPUs
May 31, 2010 6:50:35 PM

Just yesterday tried to convince an unknown person at my regular tech outlet to opt for the X4 630 instead of the X2 555 since the price difference was hardly 5 USD.. Could not do it.. He also got a biostar mobo along with that which promises stable core unlocking.. Good luck to him with that but i really got confused.. Why would someone get a processor which can be unlocked to four cores when he/she can get a true quad for the same pricing.. I feel it to be a mistake.. Perhaps you would not do the same..
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2010 12:08:21 AM

I think it has something to do with the excitement similar to gambling and being able to unlock the extra cores will make someone jump for joy. I got the feeling but to be honest it last just an instant. Then there is the constant feeling of contentment that "I did it" which goes on until now.

I don't know how will it feel if it doesn't unlock. I hope whoever opt for an X2 with the hope of unlocking it get what they want. No sense in wishing someone misery.
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2010 1:09:47 AM

Eh if it doesn't work, send it back and get the real quadcore. The store gets its money, and you got a no-risk chance to have a full Phenom II X4 for $100.
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2010 1:25:37 PM

AMW1011 said:
Eh if it doesn't work, send it back and get the real quadcore. The store gets its money, and you got a no-risk chance to have a full Phenom II X4 for $100.

He he he... why not? I envy you guys who can do just that. It doesn't work in stores where I came from. It if ain't broke, they wont replace it even with more expensive item.
!