Solved

Help with ATI video card

OK, I had a BFG 9600 GT OC and it did pretty good. I wanted to step it up a bit so I got a 4850X2; so far I'm not impressed. This is my first ATI card and despite hearing about driver issues if had good reviews. So far I think the 9600 is by far the better card. Can anyone tell me what I should be looing for in regards to the catalyst and enabling X-fire. My 3Dmark isn't even on the chart and what I can remember, the 9600 got 4X the score as I do with this new ATI card. Any help for a nob GPU user would be grate, THANKS. I'll see if I can post a screen shot of the 4850X2. :fou:

3DMARK SCORE 0
GPU:12671
test #1--34.04
test #2--40.27
CPU: 4419
test #1--501.97
test# 2--6.84
Feature Test
#1--1339.80
#2--6.84
#3--44.60
#4--44.60
#5--60.73
# 6--99.82
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help video card
  1. When you switched cards, did you do a full reformat/reinstall of windows or use driver sweeper in safe mode? Going from NVidia => ATI without extreme caution can cause severe issues. Also, what driver set are you using?
  2. No but I uninstalled the nVidia drivers and all and restarted befor I loaded the ATI drivers and Catalyst.
  3. Driver Packaging Version 8.681-091124a-092500C-ATI
  4. go to amds/ ur card manufacturers website and download the latest radeon drivers. and i agree use driver sweeper or some related program and get rid of any leftover files from nvidia that may be causing problems.
  5. Best answer
    That isn't necessarily enough. Don't ask me why, but sometimes you have to do more than uninstall the drivers. Worth a shot at any rate.
  6. I'm downloading a new driver package and I'll check out the driver sweeper in a bit. Thanks, I'll see if that help any. I just got 7 loaded and configured how I want it, so reloading just to be able to use this card is a bit much; it can go beck to the egg.
  7. Best answer selected by scooter69.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards ATI Graphics