What is the reason for display jittering in dell laptops

vishnu vasanth

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
hi.. i'm facing a jitter problem in my dell laptop... i'm out of warranty.. so i wanna know what should be done to make my laptop work normal.. pls help me..

Solution
It's either a bad video card or bad LCD screen. If it's the LCD screen that's broken, then all that must be done is to check the connectors or replace the LCD screen itself. If it's the graphics adapter that's broken, then you're out of luck. It cannot be fixed.

I suggest you show your laptop to a technician.

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
It's either a bad video card or bad LCD screen. If it's the LCD screen that's broken, then all that must be done is to check the connectors or replace the LCD screen itself. If it's the graphics adapter that's broken, then you're out of luck. It cannot be fixed.

I suggest you show your laptop to a technician.

Solution

vishnu vasanth

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi thanks for ur reply.... now my lap does not flicker anymore.. everything s very very normal.. but the only problem that remains is that the "green colour lines" are appearing at the bottom of the screen when i boot.. now the screen does not flicker.. only those lines re flickering at the base of by laptop.. i didnt do anything.. i dunno how the flickering stopped too..

when the system boots these green lines appear at the bottom edge of the screen and it flickers for 1 or 2 minutes and then the flickering stops.. my laptop doesnt give ant problem now.. but those lines are irritaitng me when i boot the laptop.. pls help me regarding this... what might be the reason..??? [/b][/b]

vishnu vasanth

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
hi thanks for ur reply.... now my lap does not flicker anymore.. everything s very very normal.. but the only problem that remains is that the "green colour lines" are appearing at the bottom of the screen when i boot.. now the screen does not flicker.. only those lines re flickering at the base of by laptop.. i didnt do anything.. i dunno how the flickering stopped too..

when the system boots these green lines appear at the bottom edge of the screen and it flickers for 1 or 2 minutes and then the flickering stops.. my laptop doesnt give ant problem now.. but those lines are irritaitng me when i boot the laptop.. pls help me regarding this... what might be the reason..??? [/b][/b]

vishnu vasanth

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------