Profile Transfer (same machine)

Does anyone know of a way to transfer a profile to another profile on a
machine? I have a user that will be joining the domain but wants to keep
his profile, understandable. Does anyone know of software that will do
this...? I know FSTW will move it to another computer only to recreate the
same user...Any Ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about profile transfer same machine

    You can use the Copy To function to mirror the profile. Logon at least once
    after joining the domain. Then while logged on as another user (with
    administrative rights) Control Panel|System|Advanced|User Profiles, select
    your userprofile, Copy To, Browse to
    %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\userprofile.domainname
    Change "Permitted to use:" to "userprofile.domainname" OK.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Justin" wrote:
    | Does anyone know of a way to transfer a profile to another profile on a
    | machine? I have a user that will be joining the domain but wants to keep
    | his profile, understandable. Does anyone know of software that will do
    | this...? I know FSTW will move it to another computer only to recreate
    the
    | same user...Any Ideas?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP