Phenom II 955BE very high temps

G

Hi guys i need some opinions and experience of other to decide what to do here.

First I used the Phenom2 955BE with a Thermaltake TR2 R1.
I started to monitor the temps and saw a temp of 50-53°C in idle !!! Then I cleaned my entire case and components and bought AC MX2 thermalgrease. With no difference at all in the temps. Up to this point i didnt knew the TR2R1 is only designed for 90W CPU's. Prime95 test with all cores on 100% exploded to 80C at which point the CPU started to clock down to prevent more heat.

So then I switched back to the stock cooler to see what happens ... well again, i cleaned it up as much as i could, and after a while it hit againg around 50C in idle. Started Prime95 put my cores on 100% and the temp settled at 78C. I use AMD Overdrive and SpeedFan to read the temps, both tell the same.

So new grease, 2 different coolers and an entire clean up of the hardware didnt helped out at all.

I've spended my entire time yesterday searching the internet for someone with the same problem but couldnt find anything. Most have a max temp of ~60°C even on full load with a stock cooler ...

What is wrong here ? Can it be that I've got a damaged good from my dealer ?
I really dont know what to do at this point. I wanted to buy a diffrent cooler first but after seeing even very high idle temps with the stock cooler i cant imagine that is the problem.
Sry for writing a novel but i wanted to explain detailed ;)

G

oh right i forgot to say case is opened !!! and yes the cooler is perfectly seated, u cant do much wrong with the modern clip system ;)

G

no just a thin layer like supposed to