Sign in with
Your question

BSOD Problems, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 21, 2010 12:16:10 PM

Hello, I am having some issues with a recent system I decided to make myself and buy. I am getting BSODs with multiple messages, mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but also BAD_POOL_CALLER, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER and TCPIP.SYS. Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Technical Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA770T-UD3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Quad Core
RAM: Corsair Dual Channel Kit 4GB(2x2GB) - DDR3 - PC1333 - CMV4GX3M1A1333C9
Video Card: Leadtek nVidia GeForce GTS 450
HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB, 7200rpm, 16MB, SATA2
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-700, 700W

Now, I had these errors much more frequently when the RAM was in slot 1 and 2 of the motherboard, after switching them to 3 and 4, these errors seemed to stop altogether, but still come up when the PC is under higher stress. I tested the ram with memtest86, and no errors came up. I also noticed an increase in instability when using ganged memory setting in BIOS, so i decided to go with unganged. I'm guessing there is a problem with the motherboard, either im setting something up badly, or there is a physical fault in the RAM slots on the motherboard. Can anyone help?

P.S. I'm new to these forums, is there a way to attach the minidump files I got?

More about : bsod problems irql equal

November 21, 2010 2:32:28 PM

Try memtest a different software from memtest86. http://hcidesign.com/memtest/purchase.html. I used to get BSOD before and when I run memtest I was able to determine that the dimm slot were defective. I hope this will help
!