Flash the bios

Hello,i was going to buy the xfx gts 250 but my motherboard is BIOSTAR P4M900-M7 SE and some people have had issus running the 8800 gt on it and the gts 250 got the same GPU now should i flash the bios or should i buy a ati radeon card.planning to play far cry 2.
10 answers Last reply
More about flash bios
  1. I wouldn't flash a GTS250 to an 8800GT if I were you as if it didn't brick the card it would still be crippling it simply because a GTS250 has 128 SP's but an 8800GT only has 112, so why risk ruining a card just to reduce it's performance?
  2. I do not think he means flashing the card mousemonkey I believe he means the motherboard BIOS. Torres I think a GTS 250 will be fine with that motherboard. I am not sure why there would be issues with an 8800GT or any other video card on that motherboard.
  3. anort3 said:
    I do not think he means flashing the card mousemonkey I believe he means the motherboard BIOS. Torres I think a GTS 250 will be fine with that motherboard. I am not sure why there would be issues with an 8800GT or any other video card on that motherboard.

I had a few beers under my belt when I posted so you may well be right! :lol:
  4. Hi i think because it is an VIA board the g92 core had problems on it and people flash the bios of the card to let it run
  5. Why buy hardware you know from the start might give you problems ? I would just get an ATI card and have done with it.

Mactronix
  6. Because i am currently running a 8400 gs and did not want a ati card
  7. So you are so dedicated to nVidia that you will buy one of their cards even though you already know it will have problems?
  8. no i did not know i would not run on my motherboard and i did not buy it yet
  9. Well i recon its up to you i dont think a 250 will give you issues just because its a G92 like a 8800. the cards have differant idents so as far as the board is concerned it could be any hardware.
    You know you will be taking a chance so its up to you.

Mactronix
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia BIOS Flash Graphics