Opinions on CORSAIR 950TX

wardy22

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
i was wondering what you guys thought of this power supply. has anyone had any experience with it or know what it can handle?

it's going to be part of an i5/GTX 470 build and I'm going to be overclocking and adding a second 470 in the future

the reason i wasnted to go with this psu is because it comes in a combo deal with the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.383305 saving me $30

thanks for any help

Solution
The CORSAIR TX950 is an excellent PSU. It has been made by CWT, which is manufacturing some of the best PSUs on the market. This unit however, is not based on the same CWT PSH platform that the others TX are. It's based on the (new) same DSG platform that the HX850W is.
This power supply provides a single +12V output that is rated for up to 78A (936W). All capacitors used are Japanese being the voltage regulation very stable. It presents a very high efficiency (83-91%) under real-world temperatures and the ripple and noise suppression is very good across the entire load range.
The TX950W has all the connectors you could ever need. It supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 and you are able to install up to three very high-end...

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The CORSAIR TX950 is an excellent PSU. It has been made by CWT, which is manufacturing some of the best PSUs on the market. This unit however, is not based on the same CWT PSH platform that the others TX are. It's based on the (new) same DSG platform that the HX850W is.
This power supply provides a single +12V output that is rated for up to 78A (936W). All capacitors used are Japanese being the voltage regulation very stable. It presents a very high efficiency (83-91%) under real-world temperatures and the ripple and noise suppression is very good across the entire load range.
The TX950W has all the connectors you could ever need. It supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 and you are able to install up to three very high-end graphic cards without the need for adaptors due to its six (6+2)-pin PCIe connectors.
It has a large HongHua Electron Technological HA1425H12B-Z 140mm fan that performs very quiet in all loads below 75% (although the PSU runs a bit warm).
If you don't mind the absence of a modular cabling system, considering the price/performance ratio and the 5 years warranty, the CORSAIR TX950 is an excellent choice. I highly recommend it.

Solution