MSI 890GXM-G65 mosfets fried, bes alternative AM3 mATX board?

Hello,

Just found out my MSI board's mosfets fried and couldn't seem to keep up with the needs of the 1055t I own even at a mere 3.75 Ghz and 1.45v which I had been running since May. I am looking for a new replacement board that can handle at least a 3.6 Ghz overclock with the Thuban until the new AMD or Intel processor come out later next year. It doesn't need SLI/Crossfire as the two PCI-E 2.0 slots were too close together to be used on the MSI board anyway, plus I would like to keep my ASUS Xonar Essence ST. USB 3.0 and Sata 6 aren't exactly a requirement either as I will be upgrading to something else later next year anyway and I don't currently use those features on this board.

What is the best alternative? I have an Inwin Dragon Slayer case with a Corsair H70 with suspect airflow as the corsair H70 is attached to the side mesh window to fit everything since the ATI 5850 card is too damn long. I want to make sure I don't have any more Mosfets that burn out (even though the MSI board had a huge heatsink over them) and would like a board with the best power circuitry possible.
3 answers Last reply
More about 890gxm mosfets fried alternative matx board
  1. What is your budget so that I could start looking?
  2. No budget limit only that it must be mATX form factor and support DDR3 and an X6 cpu.
  3. its MSI what do you expect? stick to anything gigabyte or asus
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards MSI-Microstar