Sign in with
Your question

MSI 890GXM-G65 mosfets fried, bes alternative AM3 mATX board?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 21, 2010 12:58:30 PM

Hello,

Just found out my MSI board's mosfets fried and couldn't seem to keep up with the needs of the 1055t I own even at a mere 3.75 Ghz and 1.45v which I had been running since May. I am looking for a new replacement board that can handle at least a 3.6 Ghz overclock with the Thuban until the new AMD or Intel processor come out later next year. It doesn't need SLI/Crossfire as the two PCI-E 2.0 slots were too close together to be used on the MSI board anyway, plus I would like to keep my ASUS Xonar Essence ST. USB 3.0 and Sata 6 aren't exactly a requirement either as I will be upgrading to something else later next year anyway and I don't currently use those features on this board.

What is the best alternative? I have an Inwin Dragon Slayer case with a Corsair H70 with suspect airflow as the corsair H70 is attached to the side mesh window to fit everything since the ATI 5850 card is too damn long. I want to make sure I don't have any more Mosfets that burn out (even though the MSI board had a huge heatsink over them) and would like a board with the best power circuitry possible.

November 22, 2010 1:22:07 AM

What is your budget so that I could start looking?
November 22, 2010 5:38:14 AM

No budget limit only that it must be mATX form factor and support DDR3 and an X6 cpu.
a b V Motherboard
November 22, 2010 8:14:57 AM

its MSI what do you expect? stick to anything gigabyte or asus
!