MSI Z77A-G45 won't let me change CPU voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

full_out

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I have my i5-3570K running at 4.3ghz with stock voltage. I want to push it further, but I am running into an issue where my board won't let me bump up the voltage.

In the BIOS it won't let me change my voltage from "Auto".
In the windows overclocking utility "Click2BIOS" it will let me change it, but after I restart it doesn't actually change the voltage.

Any tips or tricks my friends?

Solution
I found the solution, suggested on the MSI forum. In order to change the settings from auto to any other value, press + and - (plus and minus on your keyboard). This will certainly work :)

doom_laur

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Actually I am in the same situation here. I want to OC my RAM but even though the ram voltage is right even on auto, i prefer being on the safe side and setting it manually. However, I updated from bios 23.7 to 25.8 on my Z68A-GD65 (G3) and all the options are now on auto, without the possibility of changing them. Any idea how to solve that?

doom_laur

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I found the solution, suggested on the MSI forum. In order to change the settings from auto to any other value, press + and - (plus and minus on your keyboard). This will certainly work :)

Solution

full_out

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Bingo. That worked like a charm!!! Just clicked on the voltage and pressed + or - to adjust. I can't believe it was that simple!!! Thanks so much!!! I'm currently running prime at 4.5ghz with no errors and running at 66C. Good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.