Is 120gb SSD enough for me?

korax5

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Hello everyone,

I'm just about to finish compiling a hardware list for my new PC, the last thing I'm stuck on is the SSD.

I'm leaning towards just a 120gb SSD which would only have a fresh install of Windows 7 Home 64, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Openoffice, antivirus and GIMP. I would keep my other media (which I hardly even use) on my old system. Part of me wants a 240gb SSD for extra space if needed but I doubt I would actually need it :p and I don't really want to spend the extra $150.

Thanks

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
yes a 120GB SSD will be able to fit all of that barely depending on how big WoW gets of course but if you take WoW and put that onto a HDD ussualy of a higher capeicty then the SSDs at the same price or lower then a 120GB SSD will make since just you will want another hard drive for data storage as it will be tight with all those programs on the SSD includeing Windows 7 Home 64-bit updates which compound over time to make windows itself around 60~70GB after updates are done.
It is up to you but doing a 2 Hard drive solution the SSD for the OS and a few highly used programs and the other being a HDD being bigger and used for storage of files like documents, music, videos, and game saves. This will be a better solution if your budget allows you to go with it.