screen saver when no one is logging on

How do I configure the screen saver for the logon screen, i.e.
when no one is logging on the computer?

You can run regedit.exe and edit the following Reg_Sz string values;

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"
(activate screen saver)

"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="900"
(time in seconds before activation)

"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="logon.scr"
(path to screen saver)

found at
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"John Smith" wrote:
| How do I configure the screen saver for the logon screen, i.e.
| when no one is logging on the computer?

In addition to Dave's advice:

Customize the logon screen wallpaper, screensaver and other settings using Tweak UI:
http://www.winxptutor.com/tweaklogon.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User