Best liquid cooling systems and why

xXxBUCKxXx

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I am thinking of adding a liquid cooling system to my rig. New to building my own system, I think im off to a decent start. Just looking for some insight backed with fact/experience. What are some of the bbest systems and why? Anything I should stay away from?

There isn't a single best system, because custom loops are all different in terms of their philosophy of use and hardware (both PC and WC).

Read through the sticky, as it explains the important stuff and how to choose rads/blocks/etc based on the components you're going to cool.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This is a very open-ended question that can end may different ways depending on many different options.

As boiler mentioned, read through the watercooling sticky and see what kinds of answers you can get answered there and update us with new questions based on that.

Sorry- I'm not as available this week due to conference in Chicago. Hopefully I can chime in more as you update the thread.

I think Op is referring to allinones like the H100 and Coolit Eco type things rather than Real loops,
real custom loops are the best Buck because they are individually designed and built by the owner, allinones are mass manufactured for a general purpose crowd, they can't possibly deal with every situation so they settle for midrange performance that covers a lot of bases but in reality they are often no better than a high end aircooler costing less
@Rubix, partytime again huh? :p
Moto

Custom loops yield the best results. If you mean AllinOnes, the bigger the radiator, the better it is going to cool. I use a cheap coolermaster 120mm kit and it works will with dual fans on my 965be. The thicker the radiator, the better too. There are several reviews around the net to check out. On my main rigs though, I just use Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVOs which are very good coolers.

On the stay away from list though,
small chinese kits/ allinones,
the 120 rad sized units, they are ok but are often beaten by air coolers cheaper and quieter,
but better performance will be had from the 2x120 units like the Corsair H100 or swiftech edge, and they are much preferred to the single 120 units
Anything by thermaltake is bad as well, they do not do W/c well at all, just avoid them :p
Moto

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Agreed- I think we typically assume a loop means a custom loop or kit, while a closed loop cooler kind of falls in the realm of a packaged, boxed cooler.

I've had a few Portillo dogs so far and Lou Malnati's sausage pizza last night...along with some Al's Italian beef thrown in.

Here for a work conference at the IHE North American Connectathon.