EDinNPBFL

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Hello,
I've been driving myself crazy over a graphics card and nobody seems to be able to help. I just built a new PC with an ASUS P6TD Deluxe motherboard, a Cooler Master HAF 932 case and Corsair TX750W power supply. I then purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 graphics card, installed it, plugged the power supply into the card, but I can't get any display. I have tried two different monitors, I've tried using an adapter converting the VGA to DVI, I've used only the DVI cable, I've tried moving the card to the three different PCIe 2.0 x 16 slots, and still no display. I am about to send this graphics card back, but I am not sure whether to have them replace it or buy a different one altogether. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

EDinNPBFL

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Does the fans spin? Moreover, does the CPU fan spin?
Is the six-pin plugged in? How about the 8-pin CPU?

CPU and graphic card fans are spinning. I have the six pin from the power supply connected to the graphics card. What do you mean by the 8-pin CPU? The CPU has a 4-pin connected to the motherboard. I have six fans running in the case, and all seem to be running fine.

G

Hey Ed,

What did you do to solve the problem you had? We are in the same situation and would like to know a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tomas

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Lowlandwarrior,
Suks, when they don't supply anwser.
Make sure the card is seated in the motherboard properly. (screws will line right no extra space.
make sure the video card has the external power connected/seated properly.
if you have onboard graphics disable in bios and/or enable external video
If your card has 2 video outputs try the other one
let us know what you find.

G

Hey

Thanks but I've already tried all that and it still doesn't work.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks!

G

Hey,

The computer doesn't boot at all, it doesn't POST and doesn't beep at all through the chassis speaker. I have tried rearranging the memory sticks. I also tried to boot the system without the video card to see if the chassis speaker would beep, but it still didn't beep or POST. I also checked the jumpers, and they are all in the default setting.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
Motherboard: Asus P6TD Deluxe
Hard Disc: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5770 1GB
Memory: OCZ DDR3 1333 3x 2 gb
Power Supply: Antec Truepower 650W

No other cards are present in the rig (such as a soundcard and a network card).

Thank you for your help in advance!

Tomas

G

Thanks for the help guys!

We were able to solve the problem ;)

It was the RAM. There were some problems with the slots, fairly simple but still pretty effective in not letting the pc work =P

Thanks again,

Tomas