DVD Drive thinks Audio CD is inserted when there isn't

Geek55

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
Hi
Recently I upgraded from an Athlon II x4 and an 880G motherboard to an i7 3820 and a Sabertooth x79, and so fat everything has been running fantastically, apart from one thing, my DVD drive always thinks there's an Audio CD inserted, even when there isn't, and to get it to detect a disk I have to insert it, eject it, and then insert it again, I think it probably has something to do with Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
This isn't a massive problem but it is a bit of a minor inconvenience, and if you have anything to suggest I would greatly appreciate it.
P.S. Ages ago I had to delete some registry files that were preventing the drive from being detected, could this have a contribution to the issue?

MatRem

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

I updated the firmware on my LG blu-ray and it too didn't work.

I *fixed* it by removing the current drive letter, putting an actual disc in, uninstalling the drive from device manager, reinstalling the device by searching for new hardware, adding a different drive letter back in disk manager...

Once I did all that, the original drive letter was not available, and the new drive letter shows the actual disc in the drive.