lymon

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,
when i switch my computer the fans runs the hard drive turns on but there is no beep and there is no signal on the monitor

Clayman1000x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012
I had the same issue, turned out to be a bad motherboard, take it too a pc repair shop to verify, most won't charge you anything and it can be done in about 10 minutes or less, do that before spending money on a new board first. You can also look at the capacitors over by your cpu, if the tops are bubbled then thats your issue.
If it is your board, you can get a new board with the same chipset you won't have any problems, if not then you will need to reinstall the OS.

electronian

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
You could try putting in a know-to-be-good video card; although, if you USED TO get a completion beep every time you turn on the computer (the BIOS signaling everything was fine), and now you don't, then there could be major problem, like on mainboard.

Clayman1000x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012
Main problem in determining what went wrong here is that the poster doesn't say what pc he\she has, what motherboard, CPU or whether or not a video card is even installed, that info would be helpful.