Colerton

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi I orderd a "cyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 7215 Athlon II X2 245" on 2/11/10 from newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229159

My specs:

Processor: AMDAthlon II X2 245 (2.9 ghz) with a 64 bit dual core processor
memory: 4 GB (2x2GM) DDR 1333
hard drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0GB/s 7200RPM HDD
Graphics: NVidia GeForce GT220 1 GM PCI express
power supply 420W
Windows 7-64 Bit

I've had this computer for 3 months runs great, plays my games well, much faster than my last computer. I like this computer.

However, after about 3 months of ownership I've been plauged by blue screens. At first I thought it may be a virus, I ran several scans with different programs and nothing was found. I also started to look up the stop errors I've been getting, but, they are at total random and I've gotten atleast 10 or more different types... I re-installed windows 7, this fixed the problem for about 2 days, but then more bluescreens. I've done restores, repairs, and bad sector checks, still blue screens.

After reading some reviews on newegg (see link, theres about 5 negative ones) they seem to be having the same problem as me. I also read a post on this forum (Cyberpower forum) about 30 mins ago - http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7727&PN=1
I have the exact same problem as Jenell813, the only difference is that I have not done a bios update, and I have had a blue screen when starting games. I also have sims 3 (among others) and I can play them fine for hours. I've also done a prime95 test and I ran for 12 hours, no errors. But litteraly right after I close it out I open up Internet explorer and I get a blue screen.
With that said, there is somewhat of a pattern to my blue screens, most of them happen when I'm on the internet and open up a new page or something. However I've had about 2 bluescreens when logging onto my profile. Me and my sister think it might be a memory or power problem.

Let me know if anybody needs anymore information.
Thanks in advance

PS - I posted this message on the cyberpower forum so hopefully I'll get help from them too.
PSS - wasn't quite sure where to post in this site... I've gotten great help here before, if you know any other sites similar for me to post this, let me know.

I had a look at the link you posted to the cyberpowerpc forum.
As a rule power supplys fitted into pre built systems, are always very cheap ones to keep cost down for
Mass manufacture of a brand of pc.

That is a very sad fact in most cases of pre built pc systems.
A new PSU of better brand name and quality with more watt`s and amps on the 12v rail`s should sort the problem out.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Agree with shaun o ,,,I'm running almost the same rig with win xp pro with an OCZ Stealth X Stream 600w,,which according to HARDWARESECRETS.COM can output 720 watts all day long AND,,I had an Enermax 420w which was not quite enough ,great psu tho,...:)

Colerton

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
So you guys think its a Power supply problem?

I got a reply on cyberpower, he said this:

"Try to uninstall your NIC driver and then reinstall a fresh driver. If you can update all your motherboards drivers from their website. Also try to at least look over any, if any BIOS updates and what the fixes address. You may not need to update it right off.

If all else reset your CMOS and go in to the BIOS load optimized default settings nad save then, if need be go back into the BIOS and make your changes.
Post us back!"

I went on the asus website and looked over updates. None of them seem to be what I want. Its all updates for certain programs and such, things I don't even have.

I'm also no even sure what a NIC driver is, nor have I ever heard of it being an issue.
I'm looking into bios updates too... But don't I need a floppy drive for that?

Thanks for your help though guys!