Ragdolls bend over backwards

First, I'd like to say that I am playing T:DS and I like it a lot....BUT
There is this thing that happens now and then in the game, that just makes
me laugh out loud:
Sometimes when I blackjack or backstab a person it goes into the must
ridiculously crazy position that can be described as kneeling and bending
over backwards with the head hanging down the back. It has to be seen to be
believed!
This happened to the first person I encountered in the game, in the training
mission where you are instructed to blackjack him. Now, when it happens it
almost makes me feel sorry for the poor ragdoll, and I have to pick him/her
up and throw him/her down again into a hopefully more natural position.

This reminds me of the demo of the first deus ex game, where you could
attack the UNATCO guards (supposedly your allies) with the peppergun and
they would do CRAZY things.

Anyone else have stories of funny moments with AI (Artificial Idiocy)?

Regards,
Troels

"busk" <gibberish@secret.com> wrote in message

> Anyone else have stories of funny moments with AI (Artificial Idiocy)?
>
> Regards,
> Troels

yeah.. stick a body under an automatic closing door, such as a portcullis.

"busk" <gibberish@secret.com> wrote in message
> First, I'd like to say that I am playing T:DS and I like it a lot....BUT
> There is this thing that happens now and then in the game, that just makes
> me laugh out loud:
> Sometimes when I blackjack or backstab a person it goes into the must
> ridiculously crazy position that can be described as kneeling and bending
> over backwards with the head hanging down the back. It has to be seen to
> be
> believed!
> This happened to the first person I encountered in the game, in the
> training
> mission where you are instructed to blackjack him. Now, when it happens it
> almost makes me feel sorry for the poor ragdoll, and I have to pick
> him/her
> up and throw him/her down again into a hopefully more natural position.
>
> This reminds me of the demo of the first deus ex game, where you could
> attack the UNATCO guards (supposedly your allies) with the peppergun and
> they would do CRAZY things.
>
> Anyone else have stories of funny moments with AI (Artificial Idiocy)?
>
> Regards,
> Troels

They should call it rubberdoll physics (not much to do with the AI).
Sometimes the guys in Farcry would waggle their heads for a long time, which
looked wierd, lots of kneeling dead.
In Hidden and Dangerous 2 the corpses would sometimes tumble around in kind
of a ball.

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:03:54 +0800, Blahguy confounded his critics by
announcing:

> They should call it rubberdoll physics (not much to do with the AI).
> Sometimes the guys in Farcry would waggle their heads for a long time, which
> looked wierd, lots of kneeling dead.
> In Hidden and Dangerous 2 the corpses would sometimes tumble around in kind
> of a ball.

Its strangely fascinating though prodding those prone bodies to see them
wobble, something definately not right with that. A bit like finding a dead
animal full of maggots and wanting to look.

Or is that just me?

"Kavvy" <r@hfeajhjgg.gt> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:03:54 +0800, Blahguy confounded his critics by
> announcing:
>

>> They should call it rubberdoll physics (not much to do with the AI).
>> Sometimes the guys in Farcry would waggle their heads for a long time,
>> which
>> looked wierd, lots of kneeling dead.
>> In Hidden and Dangerous 2 the corpses would sometimes tumble around in
>> kind
>> of a ball.
>
> Its strangely fascinating though prodding those prone bodies to see them
> wobble, something definately not right with that. A bit like finding a
> dead
> animal full of maggots and wanting to look.
>
> Or is that just me?

lol, yeah they do sometimes look like there is something alive inside of
them.., but I thought the far cry physics were quite good comparatively.

"busk" <gibberish@secret.com> wrote
> Sometimes when I blackjack or backstab a person it goes into the must
> ridiculously crazy position that can be described as kneeling and bending
> over backwards with the head hanging down the back. It has to be seen
> to be believed!

Yeah, I saw that a lot in demo and unpatched final version,
but after I installed the 1.1-patch I haven't seen those bendings
anymore... Coincidence, perhaps.

> Yeah, I saw that a lot in demo and unpatched final version,
> but after I installed the 1.1-patch I haven't seen those bendings
> anymore... Coincidence, perhaps.

Still happens a lot to me even after the 1.1 patch

"Kavvy" <r@hfeajhjgg.gt> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:03:54 +0800, Blahguy confounded his critics by
> announcing:
>

> > They should call it rubberdoll physics (not much to do with the AI).
> > Sometimes the guys in Farcry would waggle their heads for a long time,
which
> > looked wierd, lots of kneeling dead.
> > In Hidden and Dangerous 2 the corpses would sometimes tumble around in
kind
> > of a ball.
>
> Its strangely fascinating though prodding those prone bodies to see them
> wobble, something definately not right with that. A bit like finding a
dead
> animal full of maggots and wanting to look.

I like throwing them down staircases.