Asus A8V-E DELUXE sound card and memory questions!

Gojiman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Hello I have several questions that I hope someone could answer for me. First if I posted this message in the wrong thread my appologies to all who are concerned!

My first question is I have a motherboard that is from Asus it is a8v-e deluxe with AMD Athlon 64 processor. Can I purchase a seperate sound card for this board. Not the sound card that is intergrated into the motherboard.

Will I be able to install it on this board and if this is possible could I get any suggestions on what particular brand and make would be compatable and great with sound!

My next question is memory sticks (ram) I was told that I have 2/512 megs sticks of ram that ddr2 I ask if I could install ddr3 which have more cache and simply told me you cant do that is this true I need to know to make sure I get the right sticks for this motherboard I want to increase its memory!

bbuckley@triad.rr.com
Sincerely Gojiman :sol:

Thank you to whom ever tolls this bell!

Gojiman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Badge thank you for responding to my message. I did not realize the ram in my system was ddr, but thanks on that. Thank you for the sound card advice that will definitely help, and the links were awesome!