Bad mobo or bad cpu??? + lame bribe offer

bookman43

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Ive got a Gigabyte GA-M68MT-D3 mobo with an AMD Phenom II 560 dual core 3.3ghz cpu, and 4 meg of DDR3 1066 ram, a CoolerMaster 460 watt ATX supply. Hooked the PS up to my ATX ps tester, all lights green PS tests ok. Connect Pi to mobo, connect ATX 12v 4 pin to mobo, power on, NOTHING happens. No fans on Ps, system case or cpu, no beeps. Disconnect PI plug into PS tester and power on with ATX 12v 4 pin plug still on mobo,. PS fan runs, case fan runs, cpu fan runs, all lights green on tester. No beeps. Removed memory, tried power up, still nothing. What the @#%#@ is going on??? I've built several systems, never had this happen before. Swapped power supply with known good 420 watter, same results. I stayed well grounded during install, so I'm stumped. HELP!!!
Anyone know how to tell if mobo or cpu is bad?? BRIBE ALERT: first person to pin down problem will get a compilation CD of Old rare 50's 60' rock tunes from Cleveland Ohio you probably never heard before.

Thankx in advance

What BIOS are you running on that board?
To support that processor you need the F1 bios and the Board Rev. is 2.3 confirm you have both.....
An what is the model of the Processor..... Athlon II X2 but which one..... this board supports since it says a 3.1 X2 or a 3.3 X2 doesn't list the 3.2 one... so thats why I was wondering what is the model of the CPU....
and what are are all these terms... PI and PS.... try to use standard terms ... since maths and computers have a lot of different but similar terms.....

bookman43

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

no beeps with 1 stick , 2 sticks or no ram. Tried breadboarding, just mobo and power supply with cpu, still no response with speaker attached and external power switch wired in. Same result with known good power supply. Motherboard is version 2.3 ok with Athlon II dual core 3.3 ghz cpu. Different version of bios is required for this cpu but there's no bios number on mobo, and can't check internally until it powers up.

bookman43

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

my mistake The board revision level is 2.3. On the cpu, It's a Phenom II dual core 3.3ghz processor, requiring F3B bios. Bios revision level isn't on the board and I cant find it internally till the system powers up. P1 is the 24 pin power connector to the motherboard, and ps is an abbreviation of power supply, I've breadboarded the system - just motherboard, cpu and power supply without a case. Externally connected spreaker and power switch. With or without memory there are no beeps, no cpu fan running, nothing.I'm still stuck.

bookman43

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Sorry - P1 and pi refer to the 24 pin power connector to the motherboard. As mentioned to the other responders, I've breadboarded the system - no case, just mobo, power supply and external speaker and power switch. Still no luck - no beeps, no cpu fan running with or without any memory installed.