Can't install drivers and CCC

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I've been happily using 9.12 drivers&ccc but I saw 10.2 were out and decided to update... Bad decision.

I went to control panel and removed everything with ati catalyst install manager.
I restarted PC and tried to install new drivers(downloaded drivers+ccc pack from ati's website) but it doesn't show or install drivers or ccc, I can choose Ati catalyst install manager, microsoft visual c++, lotr online trial, product registration and HDMI audio drivers. Where are drivers and CCC?
I checked extracted folder at C:\Ati and they are there, just not being shown or installed.

I installed this thing and no CCC and at device manager it shows driver is installed, but not this one, one that windows will automatically install. (I'm using Windows7 64bit)

After that I tried downloading and installing drivers and ccc seprately but they won't be shown or installed either. I tried installing from safe mode but it tells me detection driver can't be loaded. I used driver sweeper, but nothing changes.
I also uninstalled driver from device manager and tried installing again but same old driver is installed.

Of course I also tried installing back 9.12 but same thing happens! I have no clue what caused this and what to do.

Please help, running out of ideas :/

Oh and I have 4870x2 graphic card and I'm trying to install "10-2_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu"

mrmef

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
hi get the 10.3pre version, it has ccc but I can't switch TV format to PAL :( option is hidden so I spend a day trying to install older version and I don't get ccc exactly like you

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Downloaded 10.3 but in install manager just hydra vision was added, no drivers or ccc.
I have a feeling this is a problem with catalyst install manager itself.
Is there a way to install driver straight away without going through that manager?

leon2006

Distinguished
Try this method...Manual installation via command prompt.

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process
Install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install thew ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Always un-install old driver before installing the new rev driver

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I did, among the other things I tried, and nothing happened.
I'll try again, maybe I did something wrong.

Edit: I get to the point where I'm supposed to install it, but when I type that new cmd windows opens and closes instantly and nothing gets installed.

Also I tried updating through windows update, but it fails when installing...

Quick update: I tried system restore and it didn't work. Well it brought me back but same thing happened there. CCC and drivers were installed but like they weren't. Ccc couldn't be ran and couldn't update drivers either.
Really considering reinstalling windows but I'd have to move laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge ammount of data to do it...
Oh well, maybe someone has solution for me? :(

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Wow system restore didn't work either, Personally I would try to restore to an even earlier point. If you bought your card and it came with an installation CD I would just try installing the stuff from the CD, create a restore point and then grab 10.2.

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Will try cd in a minute. Can't go any further, last one was pretty far too

Edit: Didn't work. Says it couldn't find any installable components! (old driver from cd)
+ there was no win7 back then so maybe that's affecting it?

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Ok so I tried cmd method again, both in safe mode and in normal.

In safe mode it says detection driver failed to load and then no components found, while in normal it says no ati components found oO

Seems like it's definitely detection driver's problem.

What to do? Really don't want to reinstall :/

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I don't have time right now to look it up but there is a way to run an installtion under compatability mode for Windows Vista. But 7 and Vista is so similar this shouldn't be a problem. Anyway I read a post about some person having a large D drive and a mini C drive. A C drive is usually the place to store OS and and programs. If you can shrink the C drive and make a D partition or gave a backup I recommend this route. If not Microsoft SkyDrive offers 25GBs of storage for only a free Live account.

leon2006

Distinguished
Driver installation has to be done in normal mode....Drivers are disabled in safe mode.

If you use the command prompt method to uninstall/install drivers it has to be in normal mode. Log in as Administrator account or with administrator previ...

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
^ I do have that installed.

Anyway I managed to install them somehow after several tries with manual update(device manager), but I'm still gonna format and reinstall windows tonight.

Wish I could just go with ubuntu full time, but no games support, developers ftl :p

Will update what happens later...

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Catalyst is a little troublesome in my opinion, every month the update comes out and has to update the entire client and driver. I have to set a restore point beforer the update just in case the update flunks out on me and my little brother can't play Pawn Tactics because grids show up and lags his game.

No_LiMiT

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
^ yeah, I often had problems in games with new drivers too, so had to wait a while for different/fixed ones...

Anyway formatting today, didn't have time before.

Desintegrator

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Okay, i found the solution. What you need to do is go into the file path below
C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin

Double-Click Setup, then click un-install.

Check the CCC that is currently installed then click next. After it finishes go click setup again and install all the main applications you need.

Worked for me. Hope it works for any who are still stuck.

P.S. I am running a 4870x2 on Vista 32 Bit.

marcus_85

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I lost CCC. i uninstalled all ati components using the uninstall manager, then i re-loaded JUST the CCC and it kicked out the 10.3, but it put me back to the old driver. i phoned Alienware and they told me to wait until 10.4 because ati knows about the problem and are addressing.

G

Dammit! This happened to me too! No good answer here in th e forum. ATI - your Win7 64 drivers are BROKEN. All I can get installed if f**n LOTR demo!!

IMO use 10.4 or 10.5 now. And yeah, after uninstalling via windows remove hardware / CCC uninstall, reboot and run Driver Sweeper to get rid of all your ATI stuff. Then try to install the new ones. Hope it helps.