Sign in with
Your question

Pentium 4 "Youtube Deficiency"

Last response: in CPUs
May 30, 2010 12:23:28 PM

I'm just sick and tired of Pentium 4 1.5 GHZ this s*** processor wont even play you-tube videos at 360P!!! on the other hand Intel Atom 1.66 GHZ processor smoothly plays 480P videos!!
a c 101 à CPUs
May 30, 2010 1:21:57 PM

The solution is rather easy.
May 30, 2010 2:57:11 PM

jatinder911 said:
I'm just sick and tired of Pentium 4 1.5 GHZ this s*** processor wont even play you-tube videos at 360P!!! on the other hand Intel Atom 1.66 GHZ processor smoothly plays 480P videos!!

hi
if you are not willing to upgrade the computer and want to make this computer as fast as possible then increase the ram, and add in a vga card like 8600gt agp version, i am assuming that you will have an agp slot. with this your computer will be able to even play blu-ray movies. the reason it will play videos nicely because then this vga card will take all the load on itself and let the cpu go free. hope i helped
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 30, 2010 2:59:01 PM

that cpu is mess, if its 478, see if you can get a 2.8ghz or something, but overall i would suggest complete jsystem upgrade
May 30, 2010 3:10:59 PM

i already have another desktop which is powered by AMD 64 X2+ 2GB RAM, but thing is this Pentium 4 is so inferior to Intel Atom processor which is size of a dime! and uses much less power compared to P4 shame on Pentium 4 and my pentium 4 desktop have 64Mb nvidia AGP with 768 MB of RAM but still it cant play you-tube at 360P
May 30, 2010 3:14:22 PM

jatinder911 said:
i already have another desktop which is powered by AMD 64 X2+ 2GB RAM, but thing is this Pentium 4 is so inferior to Intel Atom processor which is size of a dime! and uses much less power compared to P4 shame on Pentium 4

Hi
bro check the time difference. p4 was launched like 10 years ago and atom just few years ago. on the other hand yeah technology has changed a lot. also one more thing, y dont you keep the things constant and then test, i am sure that atom wont be way better than p4. what i mean is that have the ram hdd vga card exactly the same for both the computers, atom and p4 and then test and see.
May 30, 2010 3:18:19 PM

lordszone said:
Hi
bro check the time difference. p4 was launched like 10 years ago and atom just few years ago. on the other hand yeah technology has changed a lot. also one more thing, y dont you keep the things constant and then test, i am sure that atom wont be way better than p4. what i mean is that have the ram hdd vga card exactly the same for both the computers, atom and p4 and then test and see.

my pentium 4 desktop have 64Mb nvidia AGP with 768 MB of RAM but still it cant play you-tube at 360P on the other hand My Samsung netbook is without any graphic card and still plays 480P video like piece of cake
May 30, 2010 3:23:24 PM

jatinder911 said:
my pentium 4 desktop have 64Mb nvidia AGP with 768 MB of RAM but still it cant play you-tube at 360P on the other hand My Samsung netbook is without any graphic card and still plays 480P video like piece of cake

hi
this is because the vga card in your netbook, eventhough it is intel built-in, is much better than the vga card you have in your p4. also your netbook will have atleast 1gb ram which is much better than the one you have in your p4. also it uses ddr2 ram, while your p4 will have either ddr1 or SD ram. so thats y your p4 is weaker. if you put 1gb ram in p4 and a normal vga card like 8400gs, agp version because i think your p4 will have a gp slot, then it can run blu-ray movies which are the heaviest media currently.
May 30, 2010 3:26:02 PM

lordszone said:
hi
this is because the vga card in your netbook, eventhough it is intel built-in, is much better than the vga card you have in your p4. also your netbook will have atleast 1gb ram which is much better than the one you have in your p4. also it uses ddr2 ram, while your p4 will have either ddr1 or SD ram. so thats y your p4 is weaker. if you put 1gb ram in p4 and a normal vga card like 8400gs, agp version because i think your p4 will have a gp slot, then it can run blu-ray movies which are the heaviest media currently.

my P4 Desktop uses pc 133 RAM and i have 3 PCI slots empty does a VGA fit on PCI? and after installing that card does video performance improve?
May 30, 2010 3:31:18 PM

jatinder911 said:
my P4 Desktop uses pc 133 RAM and i have 3 PCI slots empty does a VGA fit on PCI? and after installing that card does video performance improve?

Hi
As your pc doesnt even have a agp slot then i think the best vga card you can get is the 8400gs pci version. u can find it on ebay. i have no clue as to how will it work because according to the specs nvidia 8400gs supports the decoders required to run blu-ray but i dont know how well it will decode and run. but i think you will be able to run blu-ray movies on the condition that you will not be able to do anything else apart from that then.also your pc uses SD ram not even ddr and i assume that it will have 3 sticks and maximum sd sticks are 512mb each but will be damn expensive. but if you get this 8400gs then i think you might be able to run dvd atleast normally. hope i helped
May 30, 2010 3:37:20 PM

Hey my pc have 1.5 volt AGP slot
May 30, 2010 3:50:09 PM

jatinder911 said:
Hey my pc have 1.5 volt AGP slot

hi
then in that case i think you will be fine with any 8000 series nvidia card agp version. it will run blu-ray perfectly.
a b à CPUs
May 30, 2010 3:54:23 PM

flash only recently started using video cards to accelerate content, and its still in the beta stage, the reason why a netbook plays flash flawlessly is because it was intels idea to use the netbook for the net which is like completely overrun with flash content, so special emphasis would have been taken to nsure it plays well, its all about the optimisations on the chip, like the few single cores that can actually handle 1080p, they might be clocked lower than others that cant handle 1080p but it still plays,
a c 101 à CPUs
May 30, 2010 4:02:20 PM

Investing in an old P4 1.5 might not be the best option because you'll never be able to make it fast. If you can't afford to build a new system, buying a used one that meets your requirements should be considered.
a b à CPUs
May 30, 2010 4:10:15 PM

The Pentium 4s were terrible processors. The atom is a faster speed and has hyperthreading, which helps it. The atom is probably much more optimized for overall speed even at the same clock.
What would you expect from a nearly 10 year old processor anyway :??:  .
You shouldn't bother investing in the system...the p4 will just slow it down.
May 31, 2010 12:00:05 AM

I remember ...late 2001.
The Tualatin 1200 Celeron was a thing of beauty at the time, the Ati Radeon 8500 made its 'stellar' debut (Maximum PC gave it a perfect 10 then later said "wait just a friggin' minute..")
and the new Pentium 4 was 1400 mhz strong and in the testing phase of release.
People were jumping on the best the Pentium 3 had to offer at the end of its lifecycle, and the trickle down to the new Celeron core was an overclockers dream.
Ah yes, those were good times.
May 31, 2010 12:13:42 AM

i bought one of these. http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1183659 it hasnt come yet but i bought it on friday. this will definently get the job done. with a correct BIOS, you'll be able to enable hyperthreading. Hurry though, there's only 1 left

Check you mobo manual first
!