No Run button in XP Pro SP1 Start Menu?

How do I access services.msc properties? Normally I would click the Run
button in the start menu but it's not there?
4 answers Last reply
More about button start menu

    Control Panel|Admin Tools|Services

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Carol" wrote:
    | How do I access services.msc properties? Normally I would click the Run
    | button in the start menu but it's not there?

    Run Missing From Start Menu

    With the XP Start Menu...
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button |
    Advanced tab | Scroll down and check:
    ? Run command | OK | Apply | OK

    With the Classic Start Menu...
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button |
    Check: ? Display Run | OK | Apply | OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:7B62C51E-1F70-478C-B4B1-C879CF4F1B04@microsoft.com,
    Carol <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 02:29:02 -0800, Carol wrote:

    > How do I access services.msc properties? Normally I would click the Run
    > button in the start menu but it's not there?

    If right click taskbar and select Task Manager, you'll find "New Task"
    under TM's File menu. This option works the same as "Run."

    Also, to regain the Run option, open Taskbar and Start Menu properties.
    Click the Customize button on the Start Menu page and check the option to
    display Run on the menu.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Use the Windows key + the R key.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:7B62C51E-1F70-478C-B4B1-C879CF4F1B04@microsoft.com,
    Carol <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > How do I access services.msc properties? Normally I would click the
    > Run button in the start menu but it's not there?

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP