What program to track who Download from internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabih107

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hello,
So basically me and my brothers always argue over who should pay the bill for internet because of download so much.

So I want to know if there is any program out there that allows you to track which computer downloads and how much it downloads from the interent.

We have a main pc and a few laptops. So if there is any program that shows like IP or computer name or anything and shows how much they downloaded, if anyone know of such programs and recommend it, then plz let me know. Thanks in advance.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
You can use this program to track how much data each computer uses. This will mostly be useful if you guys are doing your downloading on separate computers.
http://download.cnet.com/BitMeter-2/3000-2381_4-10398686.html

Honestly though, the BEST solution stop arguing about who uses more internet. You pay for a connection speed. Not for an amount downloaded. Therefore you are both using it and should both pay equally.

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
If you are not paying one monthly payment for entire internet with uncapped service (Within limitations such as virtual telephone etc) then you need to migrate to a ISP that will do it for you.

Sometimes your post causes me to wonder if you are using a Mobile hand held device instead of a computer or laptop.,...

Half and half even stevens between both of you. If one of you refuses then that one will need to buy and pay for his or her own internet.

zabih107

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

Thnx for the bit meter, but the reason we argue over who pays is because we have 60gig limit and we go over that limit which causes extra charge. That's why.. But bit meter should solve that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.