Sign in with
Your question

Home Built System (Compatibility Check)

Last response: in Systems
March 21, 2010 12:37:57 PM

It's been about 6 yrs since last home build (how things change)

I'm 99% sure the hardware I've selected is compatible; however, it would be great to have some experienced 'eyes on'

I'm particularly concerned about mating of CASE to MOBO and CASE to MOBO/P-SUP

CASE: Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNSB ATX Full Tower

MOBO: ASUS M4A79T-Deluxe

P-SUP: CORSAIR CMPSU-650HX 650W ATX

RAM: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)

SSD: OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX

VIDEO: EVGA GeForce 9800 GT HDMI 512

Does anyone see anything 'whack' before I embark on this adventure?

Thanx

Mark
March 21, 2010 8:37:45 PM

Just at first glance ... without any "digging" ...

Mobo should fit the case just fine w/lots of room to spare ... We can get you MUcH better cases for the money (see: CoolerMaster HAF 922 & 933) ...

PSU is good to go ... (but should be accurately scaled) ... FILL OUT THE FORM !!

Processor ??? I see no mention of proc or cooler ... OC? ... FILL OUT THE FORM !!

RAM ... You can do much better for ~same $$ . You did not mention amount. FORM!

SSD - 30GB is way small ... Check out the Kingston 64GB ... (It is rebranded INTEL)

GPU - You want 1GB GDDR3 (min) and you SHOULD consider a GTX250 or 5750+++

Yes ... it is all a bit "whack" ...

We need to know much more than you are telling ... 2nd HDD ?? PROC ?? Budget?? ... Items to exclude ?? .. What ALL is included for your budget ??

We can help U A LOT !! (no kidding), if you give us the entire picture !

PLEASE ... Fill out the "HOW TO ASK" sticky-form, at top of this forum's main page and paste it into this thread ... or ... start a new one, as you like.

= Alvin =
m
l
March 21, 2010 9:34:13 PM

Alvin right about there being better cases for the money, but I wouldn't recommend the HAFs over the Xaser VI. Personal taste is the often biggest factor in choosing a case. (And the Xaser VI is all aluminum and offers much more room for expansion than either of the HAFs.) If you like Thermaltake full towers, consider the Spedo and Element V.
And definitely consider a 5750 like Alvin suggested. The 9800GT is rather outdated.
m
l
March 21, 2010 10:21:20 PM

Alvin Smith said:
Just at first glance ... without any "digging" ...

Mobo should fit the case just fine w/lots of room to spare ... We can get you MUcH better cases for the money (see: CoolerMaster HAF 922 & 933) ...

PSU is good to go ... (but should be accurately scaled) ... FILL OUT THE FORM !!

Processor ??? I see no mention of proc or cooler ... OC? ... FILL OUT THE FORM !!

RAM ... You can do much better for ~same $$ . You did not mention amount. FORM!

SSD - 30GB is way small ... Check out the Kingston 64GB ... (It is rebranded INTEL)

GPU - You want 1GB GDDR3 (min) and you SHOULD consider a GTX250 or 5750+++

Yes ... it is all a bit "whack" ...

We need to know much more than you are telling ... 2nd HDD ?? PROC ?? Budget?? ... Items to exclude ?? .. What ALL is included for your budget ??

We can help U A LOT !! (no kidding), if you give us the entire picture !

PLEASE ... Fill out the "HOW TO ASK" sticky-form, at top of this forum's main page and paste it into this thread ... or ... start a new one, as you like.

= Alvin =

Alvin
Thanx for reply.
I'm seeing a running theme (FILL OUT THE FORM) -- he, he. Wouldn't be a true newbie if I didn't make newbie mistakes :) 

I'll get on it

Thanx again.

Mark
m
l
!