Sign in with
Your question

HAF 922 broken front panel

Last response: in Components
May 30, 2010 3:59:35 PM

Hello THW,

While moving things in my room, I knocked my knee into the headset jacks plugged into my HAF 922 front panel. Right now they're both broken in a way that I have to push the jacks towards the right so that it stays connected. Any ideas on how to fix this or do I have to find a replacement front panel? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
May 31, 2010 1:53:01 AM

Have you taken the front panel off and taken a look at the connections
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 31, 2010 9:27:10 AM

those little 3.5mm connections break all the time, I presume you've tried a different pair of headphones to make sure it's the case connection rather than the headphones, right? If it is, well I'm afraid you'll have to either get a new case or a new panel, depending on your Sound Card. You should get a new panel for $15 or less. But if you're pretty adept at soldering you can make a new one or wire up a female connection for a couple of dollareydoos no hassle. Most electronics shop will have a female 3.5 mm jack connection (harder to solder) or a cable (much easier) which you can recess into your case, but it may not fit properly.
m
l
May 31, 2010 2:31:36 PM

talk to the manufacturer of your case, they might be able to send you a replacement front panel piece.
i had a similar situation happen with me. broken front usb on my antec p180b. i asked antec if/where i could buy the piece, and they sent me the piece for --> free <-- and they really didnt have to
m
l
!