Sign in with
Your question

Windows not loading blue screen

Last response: in Windows XP
November 29, 2012 5:16:08 PM

Hello, I get the Blue Screen and I know what caused it, but I don't know how to fix it. An unreadable dvd was left in the tray and when I rebooted the computer (Windows XP) it cant load.
After running tests from the F12 function, shows that cd and dvd drives failed.
When loading to start: the order for the drives to load changed. It starts with USB, and there are 2 hard Drives listed (SATA and IDE). The IDE shows not installed.
What order is the correct order? Can someone help me? I know is usually not that complicated.
Everything else seems fine. The modem that controlls my home network is working fine and all the other devices, although the computer where the modem was installed isnt.
December 4, 2012 5:20:58 PM

How many drives are in your computer ?
I am willing to bet SATA so set it to SATA then IDE then CD/DVD and lastly USB.
m
l
December 18, 2012 2:17:41 PM

I did what you suggested, but the IDE shows as "not installed". Somewhere on lineI read, and I think it happened before a very long time ago, could it be the whatever battery?
I changed order: SATA, CD, IDE, because everything else appears as not installed.
I'm running dell diagnostics (F12) function. And everything in there comes up "passed". Not using disc, but what is installed in the computer.
Any other suggestions are very, very welcome. Thank you
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 2:29:53 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
How many drives are in your computer ?
I am willing to bet SATA so set it to SATA then IDE then CD/DVD and lastly USB.

I did what you suggested, but the IDE shows as "not installed". Somewhere on lineI read, and I think it happened before a very long time ago, could it be the whatever battery?
I changed order: SATA, CD, IDE, because everything else appears as not installed.
I'm running dell diagnostics (F12) function. And everything in there comes up "passed". Not using disc, but what is installed in the computer.
Any other suggestions are very, very welcome. Thank you

This might be getting a little over my head :( 
m
l
December 18, 2012 2:34:00 PM

Sorry, the IDE drive is shown as "not installed" also...

I also changed them around to your suggestion and after the windows screen i see a fast list and then the blue screen with always the same: a blank media was found, bla,bla, bla.

I have tried: safe mode; last configuration, network, all the options and nothing seems to be working...

I hate to give up, and I really don't want to lose all my programs and data.

Please, somebody help me...
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:33:51 PM

I didn't know you were getting to the windows boot screen, you failed to mention that. But what drives does your bios show as detected ?
It could be your CMOS battery died, it is installed on the MB itself, unplug power and wear rubber gloves when handling inside of your PC.
Re-run autodetect for drives in bios.
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:38:23 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
I didn't know you were getting to the windows boot screen, you failed to mention that. But what drives does your bios show as detected ?
It could be your CMOS battery died, it is installed on the MB itself, unplug power and wear rubber gloves when handling inside of your PC.
Re-run autodetect for drives in bios.

Sorry. This part is getting more complicated for my pea brain. Ill do dome research about the CMZoS battery. Do you mean change battery and then run autodetect? I'm not sure what you are telling me. Sorry. Do you mean, do what I did before when I switch the order of drives?
Really appreciate the guidance.
m
l
December 19, 2012 12:53:59 PM

Yes, change battery, go to bios, do the setup again and run autodetect.
If that's what caused the BSODs it's as simple as setting up Bios correctly.
m
l
!