Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Replace windows 7 with xp

Last response: in Windows 7
December 22, 2009 2:34:12 PM

i want to replace windows 7 with xp, but an error occurs during the instalation, what can i do ?my note book is acer 4736z

More about : replace windows

a b $ Windows 7
December 22, 2009 2:49:34 PM

In the BIOS change the SATA mode to IDE. (But why anyone would want to replace Windows 7 with XP is a mystery to me.)
Score
December 30, 2009 5:42:45 PM

hey the reason for me is because nothing works with 7 like my scanner webcam and net card, The drivers for my stuff are not out yet, I get a error saying check harddrive, during the install i will check bios ! Thanks
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 30, 2009 5:51:12 PM

The laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam? Ethernet card? If not, then you must have a fairly old laptop. I can understand the scanner issue, but not the rest...
Score
May 20, 2010 10:35:50 PM

I have a laptop and a net book with XP. I bought a PC with Vista but had so many problems that I upgraded to Windows 7. Now my PC is full of junk. The image library is full of deleated emails and a duplicate file finder says I have a thousand duplicate files. How do I install XP on my PC? Drmac
Score
August 7, 2010 11:15:43 AM

HI I GOT THE SAME PROB....HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROB?CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?
Score
August 7, 2010 10:32:40 PM

zehr said:
HI I GOT THE SAME PROB....HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROB?CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?

I gave up with Windows7. Backed up documents, emails etc. Hard disk format and installed Windows XP professional. Now Happy Chappie again, Drmac
Score
January 14, 2012 8:00:36 PM

drmacuk said:
I gave up with Windows7. Backed up documents, emails etc. Hard disk format and installed Windows XP professional. Now Happy Chappie again, Drmac

I hate Windows7, cannot find anything that was in WindowsXP. Can you please explain how you changed yours, please? I have never done anything this complicated and hopefully I do not screw up my computer. I have a cd for microsoft Windows XP...would this be enough to change from Windows7? You can email your steps to me at Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified if some one post fresh line in your thread. Thanx : ) Thank you in advance for your help.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 8:19:23 PM

Open a new thread on your problem, that is the best way to get helped : )
Score
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 8:19:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!