Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Crossfire 4670 1gb Or 9800gtx+?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Performance
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 6, 2010 7:28:07 PM

Okay so I already have a 4670 and am gonna upgrade soon. I'm debating whether or not to get the 9800gtx+ to replace my 4670 or to get another 4670 and crossfire it.

Which option would have better performance?

Thanks!

More about : crossfire 4670 1gb 9800gtx

a c 130 U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 7:31:22 PM

No, the performance for a CFHD4670 wouldn't be that great.

Instead, sell the HD4670 for $50, and get an HD5770. It is much better than a 9800GTX+, and has all the features of newer technology.
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 7:32:32 PM

shadow187 said:
No, the performance for a CFHD4670 wouldn't be that great.

Instead, sell the HD4670 for $50, and get an HD5770. It is much better than a 9800GTX+, and has all the features of newer technology.


+1

if you can afford it, the 5770 is a much better choice.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 6, 2010 7:40:02 PM

Okay, I guess i'll go with the 5770. Can anyone recommend me a good brand?
March 6, 2010 7:43:59 PM

Oh and by the way, I have a Amd Athlon II X2, will it bottle neck?
a c 130 U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 7:46:22 PM

Athlon II x2 245? Give it a small overclock, and you'll be just fine.

As for your 5770, just get the cheapest brand. Unless you want better cooling, in which case get the TOXIC or VAPOR-X.
March 6, 2010 7:52:26 PM

shadow187 said:
Athlon II x2 245? Give it a small overclock, and you'll be just fine.

As for your 5770, just get the cheapest brand. Unless you want better cooling, in which case get the TOXIC or VAPOR-X.


It's a 240, and I overclocked it to 3.4 ghz so it should be fine?
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 7:59:01 PM

danofer said:
It's a 240, and I overclocked it to 3.4 ghz so it should be fine?


yeah that should be fine. multi-threaded games may suffer a little, but nothing is likely to be unplayable.