Water cooler in a Thermaltake level 10 GTS

walleater

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I want to do a water cooling system for my cpu. Only problem is that i dont know if can (physically). I have a Mid tower Thermaltake level 10 GTS case that i bought a few weeks ago and im gong to buy a i7 3770k cpu soon. I'd like to do a new cooling system because my case idle is at 85+ F'. under load it gets up 100F'. HELP!
If im able to do a water cooling system. what do you recommend for a casual gamer?

specs:
5 fans (3 120's & 2 200s)
i7 3770 (upgrading soon)
GTX 670 FTW
16 gigs of RAM
corsair 650 PSU (going to go up in watts soon)
thermaltake level 10 GTS case

^As the Rubix pointed out, those are great temperatures to have. I dont even get that good load temps on my water-cooled rig.

If you are a casual user, learnt how to build a computer, did it and left it at that. I wouldnt suggest anything more than a H100i. Custom water-cooling requires a lot of thought and maintanence.

walleater

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Well i asked my cousin (who bulit his computer) and complained that my cpu and case temp were to hot. He gets 60f idle and under 80f under load. i dont know the specs on his but hes had his computer for 2 years now.
I was just worried that my computer ran too hot.
thanks guys for setting me straight :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sounds like a case airflow issue, not necessarily a cooler issue. Open the side of the case and blow a large fan on highest speed into the case and measure temps. If they drop significantly (5C+) you have a case airflow issue. If they remain the same, you have a cooler issue.

maxcellerate

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013
Walleater, did you get a h100i for your thermaltake GTS? And does it fit? I've got the same case and now the h100i, but the screw holes in the rad don't line up with the 120mm mounts on the case, the case mounts are about 5mm too far apart, and they also seem to be too low for the rad to clear the motherboard, even if it did fit.
Let me know if you've the same problem or found a solution.

AcidElement

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Did you misinterpret your friend thinking he was speaking in Fahrenheit and not Celsius? It is rare for someone, even in the US, to speak of computer temps in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius so I think there may have been a mix up somewhere.

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
"Case temp" in an L10 is rather deceptive. It's build is designed to comparmentalize and direct airflow in those compartments. So the term case temp... not true full case temp. Each of your massive fans is designed to cool a certain area. you are running well within expected spec for build and usage. IF you do want lower, upgrade fans to higher CFM, and/or small closed loop cooling - But do not expect miracles. maybe a few degrees C delta. Rather than worrying about case temp, what are your chip temps at? Do you have anything covering vents, poor cable management impeding airflow? Accidentally reverse a fan on case build and not running positive case air pressure? Have a fan bearing going bad reducing performance? Dust bunnies from hell wreaking havoc and planning your demise whilst you sleep? K.I.S.S. in this situation IMHO

trymetal95

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

most (if not all) temp measurement programs in computers measure temps in celsius not farenheit, it is seriously hot if your computer is 100 degrees C under load, i want your cooling if it is 100 degrees F, i have never seen my computer with so low temps!

trymetal95

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

most (if not all) temp measurement programs in computers measure temps in celsius not farenheit, it is seriously hot if your computer is 100 degrees C under load, i want your cooling if it is 100 degrees F, i have never seen my computer with so low temps!

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Ok so that seems a little hot for the case how do you determine the case temp is there a temp sensor connected to a wall inside the case or is in the air?
The fan idea in to the main case with the side wall off the case is a good simple quick test, give it a try.
Can we get some pics of your build it might help?