My computer is dieng . please help

qizmo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
ok it all started out a year agow when my computer didnt want to recognise my graphic card anymore , and so it only worked on my onboard VGA
, sometimes when im really lucky , then my motherboard runs on my graphic card, but then dissapears after some resets ,
tryed to buy new graphic card, same

ive tryed EVERYTHING , read every problem there was ,
i tryed going on bios and find it , didnt work
tryed to go on my devices and diaktivated it , and it worked for a few while and then never worked after some resets ,

and now it never works ,

tryed the jumpers on the computer to switch them , and take them off,
just got worse ...

and now it shows a floppy disk on my computer witch i dont even have ,

tryed formatting it , but got even more worse ,
now everything is messed up

my windows wont activate , cause it says there is no connection to the internet , eventhough EI works fine on the net+ ,

cant install my virus protection , only after few resets , if im lucky or id have to reformat again and install windows , then it would work but then other stuff woulndt work,

firefox crashing all the time when i open ,
sometimes i can go to my devises

just EVERYTHING i install , it sends me an error , and i can send the errors , but sometimes i can install it anyways ,

its almost with EVERYTHING , programs suddently wont work and comes that stupid error ,blue screen /random restart

tryed buying a reg cleaner , got EVEN MORE WORSE ,

something tells me its on my hardware , but just dont know what ,

please tryed everything thats possible , its hopeless ,

would be glad if someone had the key

running xp

dompolanco

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I'd recommend doing 2 things;

1 - Run MEMTEST, on 1 stick of memory at a time. Check each stick of ram for 1 pass first, if they both pass with no errors go to step 2.
2 - Make sure it's not your PSU flocking out, if you have another computer hook up your current PSU to it, and test it.

To me it sounds like a RAM problem, but both peripherals could cause the kinds of problems you are describing.

Edit with a link to memtest:

http://www.memtest.org/