Tags:
  • New Build
  • Macros
  • Keyboards
  • Alienware
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 21, 2010 8:59:49 PM

You guys know anything about the tactx keyboard? Im thinking of getting it, i want something with macro keys. Never had a gaming keyboard before some say you dont need it and there prob right i dont need it but i want one so ya.

Anyways the Lycosa looks nice you can make any key on the board a macro i think but some side keys would be nice. I dont know of anyother keyboard where you can make any key on the board a macro.

Also the saitak cyborg looks nice i like the color change

Then there is the g15 looks nice also realy wish it was green.

Any input would be nice.

More about : alienware tactx keyboard

March 21, 2010 9:15:56 PM

read a few reviews and its got good ratings, sturdy, keys light up, but i havent seen anything on macro keys so idk. I want the saitek cyborg very bad XD
m
l
March 21, 2010 9:25:41 PM

Anyone know of any good video reviews on the alienware tactx keyboard i cant find any?
m
l
Related resources
March 21, 2010 9:31:13 PM

daman said:
Anyone know of any good video reviews on the alienware tactx keyboard i cant find any?

Don't ever go with the Razor anything the keys are cheap as hell, I took back my Razor edge gaming mouse cause of how cheap they made the top components on the mouse. The percetage of defects in Razor products is very high!

I would go with logitec gaming keyboard and a mouse!

I have this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
l
March 21, 2010 9:37:08 PM

I bought a g15 keyboard (original model) almost 5 years ago and It still hasn't failed me. (other then a plastic foot breaking off) and with 18 macros keys, you can't go wrong.
m
l
March 21, 2010 9:39:36 PM

Laser2150 said:
I bought a g15 keyboard (original model) almost 5 years ago and It still hasn't failed me. (other then a plastic foot breaking off) and with 18 macros keys, you can't go wrong.

G15 FTW!
m
l
March 21, 2010 9:52:34 PM

Hmm g15 sounds sexy but i still want to know about this alienware tactx keyboard its looks very nice anyone got any info on it?
m
l
March 21, 2010 10:08:46 PM

google it
m
l
March 22, 2010 1:04:14 AM

g15 is 25$ cheaper if that matters.
m
l
March 22, 2010 2:46:41 AM

I know where to buy it lol i just cant find any videos on it i looked all over. but idk i guess ill buy t and find out the hard way.
m
l
March 22, 2010 2:57:22 AM

Personally, the best gamers I've known never relied on macros or 23-button mice. The tools do help, but ultimately, it's about the skills. ;) 

In any case, I'd go for the G15. It's a proven and trusted design.
m
l
March 22, 2010 3:57:41 AM

im not saying it will make me better or anything dont even care about that. i have never had a crazy keyboard before and would like one. The reason im into finding out about this alienware tactx is i can make it green and it does look nice and i am building my first gaming computer i took my case apart painted green and black and would like to stick to those colors cause i think it will be cool.

i never had a cool mouse either witch im also looking for im kinda thinking ill go with the deathadder for now wish it was green also
m
l
March 22, 2010 3:59:56 AM

daman said:
im not saying it will make me better or anything dont even care about that. i have never had a crazy keyboard before and would like one. The reason im into finding out about this alienware tactx is i can make it green and it does look nice and i am building my first gaming computer i took my case apart painted green and black and would like to stick to those colors cause i think it will be cool.

i never had a cool mouse either witch im also looking for im kinda thinking ill go with the deathadder for now wish it was green also

I hope my link helped!
m
l
March 22, 2010 4:07:42 AM

iholbrookv2 said:
I hope my link helped!

I did see that already but thank you :) 
m
l
August 12, 2010 10:46:12 PM

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/838/pg4/alienware...

That review is right on the ball about the keyboard. I havn't had a keyboard this good or felt as smooth as it does in a while. The only problem i have had with it so far is that the buttons DO take a little more effort to press down on. However, you really don't notice it unless you are paying attention to it. The keys have never jammed up on me and ive had it about for 3 months now. The keyboard is very responsive though as well as the mouse. Not to mention the mouse has a nice smooth grip that allows you to control your movements better. I easily noticed this, because i am a hunter in woW (world of warcraft) and i kite and in order to do that you need a nice responsive mouse which this mouse is highly qualified for. I strongly recommend you get the mouse and keyboard.

I hope this review helped!
m
l
!