Hi there everyone,Hi there everyone.I'm supposed to have a gtx 260 right now but instead i have to put up with a 7800 gt until i get my faulty gtx 260 back from gigabyte. When i do get my gtx 260 back, i am considering selling it and spending about $400 maximum on a graphics card upgrade. Note that i live in Australia and that prices are a little more expensive here than in the US (not only due to the difference in currency). I want to upgrade to something that will be a decent leap over the gtx 260. I'm either thinking of buying an ati 5850 or a 5830, or getting two 9800's (or gts 250's) and running them in sli. What do you guys think? Oooor, should i wait and see what nvidia has to offer once they release their new lineup? Please help me out, any help is appreciated.My rig is as follows.
The 5850 price is going nowhere with the addition of the 5830. Hell they just upped the 5830's price to 259.99.
NEwegg has a MSI 5830 for 259.99 that will overclock to 1.05Ghz core and kick a lot of ass for not a lot of money. I max out BC2 at 1920X1200 with 8XAA and 16XAF and average 60fps. That is with a single 5830 and not in Xfire.
You can't say that. If Nvidia launches their cards at $300/$600 and they kick the ATI equivalent's ass, then ATI has to lower price. If they suck and are overpriced, he waited 2 weeks at most
honestly the fastest card is just for bragging rights and the cards that matter to most people are the mid range cards that currently do not exist for fermi. The only reason I could see someone buying the gtx480 is if they are die hard nvidia fans or want the fastest single GPU card.