Status
Not open for further replies.

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
Hi! I am having a laptop that was gifted to me.

Acer ASPIRE E1-531

PROCESSOR- Intel Celeron B820
FREQUENCY- 1.8GHZ
RAM- 2 GB DDR3
GRAPHIC CARD- INTEL HD Graphics

I cannot even play SWAT 4 with decent fps rating. How do i overclock processor and do i have to upgrade RAM.
If any upgrade is possible just let me know. money is not a problem. I want to be able to play good games on same laptop.
Is it possible to get a graphic card for laptop? if YES which one and where can i get one coz i stay in INDIA.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2673212

Solution
Here's about the best I can suggest for an upgrade - motherboard and graphics are out of the question, best to buy a new laptop before attempting to change those. Ram is the only easily upgraded part depending on your operating system, on a 64 bit OS, you can upgrade up to 16GB (overkill) of ram (ram is controlled by your CPU). You may be able to upgrade the CPU since it isn't soldered to the mobo but you would need to check your documentation to see the best upgrade option available since that will be BIOS dependent and up to Asus as to what CPU their BIOS will support. The socket your motherboard uses is known as PGA988 but just because a CPU will fit that socket does not mean it will work in the laptop.
Overclocking a laptop is not recommended. The design of most laptops does not allow for much more heat dissipation than a stock clocked (or even underclocked) CPU can handle. BIOS features which allow for overclocking are usually locked on laptops.
Adding ram may help but I would not expect by much. Your main handicap on that laptop is a lack of dedicated graphics, one which you cannot get around except by lowering your in game graphics settings to absolute minimums. Even then, I would not expect truely enjoyable gaming.
My $0.02 worth

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012

Yes you are right! it is locked. So is it possible to upgrade from base point like Mobo, Processor, Integrated graphic chip-sets ?

Here's about the best I can suggest for an upgrade - motherboard and graphics are out of the question, best to buy a new laptop before attempting to change those. Ram is the only easily upgraded part depending on your operating system, on a 64 bit OS, you can upgrade up to 16GB (overkill) of ram (ram is controlled by your CPU). You may be able to upgrade the CPU since it isn't soldered to the mobo but you would need to check your documentation to see the best upgrade option available since that will be BIOS dependent and up to Asus as to what CPU their BIOS will support. The socket your motherboard uses is known as PGA988 but just because a CPU will fit that socket does not mean it will work in the laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.