1090t @ 4ghz TEMPS

Uther39

Distinguished
OK chaps ive got my 1090t on an Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 running stably at 4ghz, with 8gb of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz, PALIT GTX580 in an ANTEC 1200 case.

Now the CPU is being cooled by a TITAN FENRIR, simply because i carried it over from my old intel 775 rig. WHEN im gaming at 1920x1200 im noticing temps for my CPU max out at about 50 C, yet usually hang around the 40 to 45 C mark on Crisis, Seems Empire Total WAR stresses my CPU more as this is when it hits the 50 C mark.

My question is, are these temps ok, is it worth me upgrading my heatsink to the Noctua NHD14, would the NHD14 give me lower temps and quiter running?

Thanks chaps.

G

Not bad temps there at all, what voltage are you running on CPU, try turning it down a single increment at a time and test till you get stable lowest voltage!

But yes 50 C on 4GHZ is not bad, run prime95 and HWmonitor to check full 100% load temps and stability.

What thermal paste did you use as well.

I get 54 C on 4Ghz running 1055t at 1.41v with Zalman CNPS10Extreme and artic silver running prime95 and Furmark at the same time for 1hr so your temps are not bad.

60 C is top safe limit really and 1.45v is safe top limit for CPU.

Those temps are perfectly fine for the OC you have achieved.Not even in the range of needing to worry about it.And upgrading to the NHD14 isn't really nessceary if your already at the max your CPU will go.It is a nice cooler but i'm sure it will only drop your temps around 5c.

Btw the orginal Crysis is more GPU demanding than CPU and that is why you might see lower temps with it.It is also only meant to ultilize 2 cores not 6.

Uther39

Distinguished
I am using Arctic Silver MX5 paste, RAM is overclocked to its max 1600mhz, voltage is set at 1.45v . I ran Prime 95 for 24 hours on the small fft test (i think its called) ? with not one issue, although CPU temps reached a reported 55C on HWM, but it never gets this hot during any games.

Acutally just looked up the Titan Fenrir.Didn't realze how small it is.Your temps are amazing for how small it is.You would defnitly see more than 5c drop in temps if you went with the NHD14.I would say you might see a max of 15c drop in temp if you switched.Your temps aren't high but i'm sure you could O.C. a lot more with a better cooler.Your temps aren't anything to worry about but if you want to O.C. more i would suggest a better/newer cooler.
Do you have the space to support it tho.What case do you have?

Also Small fft's are the best stability test to test on the CPU.From time to time tho i like to do Large fft's just to see how hot it can get.

Uther39

Distinguished

You can see my rig in my picture, my case is an Antec 1200 so the noctua should fit i believe?

Uther39

Distinguished
IMAG0009.jpg

Took this for you chaps to see.

Nvm they must not have them in stock,i googled it and i got it.Thats actually really good heatsink.Direct Pipe contact.Don't think you can get much better than that.DH14 would only decrease temps around 5c like i said before.