0) What real world benefits can be observed from stock to 4.0GHz? to 4.2? 4.6? 6.3?
Where is performance gain noticeable aside from benchmarks?
1) Is prime95 x64 dangerous for ivy bridge? I saw videos that say only AIDA is ok
2) What is the difference between Core Temp "VID" and AIDA64 CPUID "Core voltage",
which one is correct?
3) With corsair vengeance 9-9-9-24, what should I choose between
X.M.P. 1600MHz vs "Auto"? I noticed that memory clock can be higher instead of fixed 800MHz, is auto safe?
4) What is the significance of CPU bus speed : DRAM ratio and difference between
Auto, 100:100 or 100:133?
5) If intel turbo boost is enabled, what is effect on top of OC?
Can it be enabled on OC?
6) What is CPUTIN in HWMONITOR? saw 90C MAX, is this bad?
7) What are freq,temp ranges of conservative, moderate and extreme overclocks for 3570k?
I would prefer to be in the safe limits only.
8) What are the KNOWN safe limits that will not introduce shorter life or risk to components?
What would you recommend to a beginner with gamaxx300 air cooling?
9) Here is my first attempt...
ai overclock tuner - X.M.P 1600
turbo ratio - manual 40
bclk - 100
cpu voltage 1.032V with offset auto
cpu fixed frequency - 250
cpu power phase control - standard
cpu power duty control - t.probe
cpu current capability - 100%
cpu load line calibration - auto
enhanced intel speedstep - enabled
turbo mode - enabled
others - auto
Using prime95 blend 2hrs (no errors):
vcore max - 1.16
VID - 1.2109
CPU load max core temp - 73C
CPU idle/(low usage) max core temp - 47C
CPUTIN max - 90C
cpu power - 61 watts
tdp - 77watts
GPU - idle, not stress tested, 34C
Using prime95 in place large fft - error less than 1min:
Passed in blend but failed in large fft, did I miss anything?
Is this a safe overclock? If not what should i change?
Can this be pushed SAFELY further
with my components(don't intend to change hardware)?
Sometimes small apps take longer to open(not sure if related)
10) Is it absolutely necessary to run prime95 longer?
I can't afford to have a damage component so please tell me only safe OC attempts.
If you I need to give additional info please let me know.
Wayyy too many questions. Let me give you some advice. Do your own research. Search online for an overclocking guide. Read all that and if your still having trouble with 1 or 2 specific things, then come on this site and ask 1 or 2 questions and people will be glad to help. People get overwhelmed and stop reading when your post includes 10-15 questions. We all want to help but your asking a bit too much for the normal poster.
Thanks for the response. I'll try to narrow down the questions and do more reading. Just got confused why I got errors in the large FFT. I thought the voltage does not need to be very high at 4.0. I'm thinking of increasing the voltage. Do you think this is the correct approach?
No it doesn't need to be very high at only 4.0Ghz. You should be able to stay at the stock voltage for 4.0. And if that doesn't work up it by .01 until you get it stable. I'm happy to answer any specific question that you want to know. I'll check back if you have something specific you want to know. I'm no expert but I do have a 3570k and I do overclock some so I'll be happy to help out if I can.