Sign in with
Your question

Looking to replace my MB

Last response: in Systems
March 22, 2010 1:49:27 AM

Hey guys, i have a emachine t5212, and i am looking to replace the MB, one from newegg, doesn't matter if its intel or AMD, but i want a dual core, all models, no quad's or triple cores, only dual cores, and something in the price range of say 40 dollars and up, so you can see nothing extreme, just want to replace the mb i have now, which is i think a INtel pentium D, dual core 2.6ghz, its ok, but a pentium d is not very good, not to mention my FBS is very low.

Also, do they sell mbs, that already has the CPU install?

I hope you guys can help me, because i need to replace the motherboard in the system i have, so maybe you can find a emachine t5212 model online and see how my case is and what my mb is, thanks. :D 

More about : replace

a b B Homebuilt system
March 22, 2010 2:52:30 AM

CPU : Intel® Pentium® D Processor 805 (dual-core)1
(2 x 1MB L2 cache, 2.66GHz, 533MHz FSB)
Operating System : Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Chipset : ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200
Memory : 1024MB DDR2 (2 × 512MB), 533MHz (PC4200)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive : 200GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache)2
Optical Drives : 16x multiformat dual-layer DVD±RW
(Up to 8.5GB with dual-layer media)
Write max: 16x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 4x DVD+R DL, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW
Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-ROM
Media Reader : 9-in-1 Digital Media Manager™ (Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, MultiMediaCard™, Secure Digital™, CompactFlash®, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card™, USB 2.0)
Video : ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200 integrated graphics solution
Up to 128MB of shared video memory
PCI-Express® (PCI-E x16) slot available
Sound : 6-channel (5.1) high-definition audio
Network : 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Modem : 56K ITU V.92-ready fax/modem (RJ-11 port)
Peripherals : Premium multimedia keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers (USB powered)
Ports/Other : 5 USB 2.0 (1 in front, 4 in back), VGA external connector, parallel port, serial port, 2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse), 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions : 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D
Weight : 22.5 lbs
Software : Microsoft Works® 8.53, Microsoft Encarta® Online, Microsoft Office 2003 Student and Teacher Edition trial4, Microsoft Money 2006, Adobe® Reader 7, CyberLink® DVD Solution Suite (PowerDVD™, and Power2Go™), Microsoft* Windows® Media Player 10, Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition (60-day complimentary trial), RealNetworks RealPlayer®, QuickTime, Napster 3.0 (30-day trial)5, Microsoft Internet Explorer, AOL® 9.0 (6-month membership included )6, Google Toolbar™, McAfee® Internet Security Suite™ (90-day complimentary trial)7, BigFix8 (identifies and resolves problems that affect the system before they occur), eMachines® Games Powered by Wild Tangent® (pre-installed with 10 demo games with 60-minutes of game play), Windows Vista® Capable
Price : $569.99
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 22, 2010 2:53:00 AM

Is this it ???
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2010 4:46:43 AM

Yes thats my rig and no i am not using onboard, i was using a 4670, and i have use a 9600 in it. But i had a single core i believe it was a le-1620, it ran certain games better then this dual core, and i think its because well i heard a pentium d is 2 pentium 4's stuck together. It plays games great tho, really amazing, but i want a better dual core, and no point in buying a whole new rig you know, just replace the mb.

My le-1620 2.4ghz single core rig ran l4d at max 50-60 frames all the time, crysis at all high around 35-60 frames, however on the dual core, pentium d, they run like a pos. I did buy a Sata Hard drive, 500gb TO replace the ide drive, so once i have that install soon, not sure if those 2 games will run better or not.

So what do you think, get a new mb?
or should the sata hard drive fix the issue?
also, is a pentium d weaker with certain games from a single core le-1620?

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 22, 2010 8:34:20 PM

The problem with replacing the motherboard in an OEM system is they often use proprietary components that make the swap difficult. Stuff like connectors may not match up. If you're just able to replace the CPU and motherboard with standard micro-ATX components, this combo would work well while retaining your current DDR2 RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $128.98 (AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz + Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H combo)

Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll need a new operating system. You can't easily just take the hard drive from one system and move it to another one without re-installing the OS.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 22, 2010 9:17:22 PM

NOT EVEN TO MENTION THAT YOUR CURRENT PSU PROLLY BELONGS IN THE TRASH, AS IT IS LIKELY NOT SUITABLE TO NEWER CARDS ...

m
l
March 22, 2010 11:14:32 PM

Darktimes said:
anyone?

shortstuff_mt said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $128.98 (AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz + Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H combo)
Thats cool, good total price also. I have to look into what sort of model my PSU is, and i will report back to you on that. :) 

2087273,7,319610 said:
Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll need a new operating system. You can't easily just take the hard drive from one system and move it to another one without re-installing the OS.
[/quote]
said:

Um, i'm not a newbie when it comes to computers, just a newbie when it comes to actually building a computer or in this case, replacing a motherboard. Thanks for the tip anyway

Alvin Smith said:
NOT EVEN TO MENTION THAT YOUR CURRENT PSU PROLLY BELONGS IN THE TRASH, AS IT IS LIKELY NOT SUITABLE TO NEWER CARDS ...

New Cards? I have used a 4670, 9600gt and 9800gt on it and gt240 works just fine dude.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 23, 2010 5:23:03 AM

Well, "DUDE"

Your box is old and on it's last legs ... Time for a whole new system (except your best gaming GPU).

Hate to say it, DUDE, but besides the GPU(s) ... there ain't much worth salvaging .

... Even when it was brand new ... it was a scant build (2GB max .. little PSU )

... THAT SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO BE RUN INTO THE GROUND, WITHOUT UPGRADE !!

= :cry:  =

m
l
March 23, 2010 12:30:46 PM

I am not sure why you said its on its last legs, when i never said it is having problems, also the fact that i just bough it 2 months ago, so i am not sure what you are talking about?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 23, 2010 4:01:32 PM

uhm pentium D's were released in 05 in terms of computers thats from the stone age
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 23, 2010 8:03:59 PM

Whew ... When I saw you swoop-in, I thought I was in for a spanking ... I am relieved to see that you "somewhat" agree.

... I should never get too snippy and lose my patience, like that, tho. There are more subtle and kinder ways to state bad news. Just lost my cool, a bit. Sorry, all.

= Al =
m
l
March 24, 2010 12:56:15 AM

Might be from the stone age, but plays my games just fine , just crysis and left4dead run like crap, all my other games work just fine, thanks to me certain cards with it.
But the pentium d is not my main rig, i have a quad core and a dual core, the pentium d is a 3rd rig which i plan on upgrading.

peace
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 24, 2010 6:27:07 AM

Well .. It must be really cool to be such a knowledgable and experienced technician. I can clearly see, by your decision to purchase that rockin' eMachine that you must REALLY know your stuff inside and out !!!

I'm pretty stupid and, I must admit, I am also an ass who thinks I know far far more than I actually do. REAL technicians can see thru my obvious ignorance very quickly though ... that's the thing about tech ... there is no way to fake it. You know it or you don't

Man, with so many hot rigs and STILL playing games on that "wonder box" ... I'm just in awe. Really .. I am totally unworthy of your attention. I won't waste another moment of your valuable time with my tripe!

Please forgive me if I can't find my own butt with two hands and a flash-light. That's just how clue-less morons are.

= WOW ! =
m
l
!