Sign in with
Your question

How to recover data from hard disk with bad sectors & bad media

Last response: in Storage
April 20, 2012 1:52:28 PM

my laptop hard dish is damaged with bad sectors & bad media.
i want my data back, my life time data are there inside hard disk, help me how can i recover my all data.
a b D Laptop
a c 289 G Storage
April 20, 2012 7:54:16 PM

1) Go for the simple solution and hope that it is only corruption. Download a utility like EASEUS Partition Recovery or Recuva and run it against that drive. DO NOT install them to that drive. Do not boot from that drive. Every write operation makes total data loss more likely. Either take the drive out and work from another machine, or run the utilities from bootable CDs.

2) I hate to say it so late in the game, but you should have backups. Once this issue is resolved, buy at least one external drive and copy everything that you want to keep to it. Repeat with new files regularly. With two external drives, you can use them alternately. Look for threads on backup strategies.

3) If it is indeed physical damage, you may be out of luck. Or at least out a heck of a lot of money, as alt-rtt suggested.

Good luck
m
l
January 11, 2013 7:11:55 PM

Hi buddy,

If your choice is data recovery then i would recommend this software its remo recover pro.To recover hard drive bad sectors i think this is the best tool .Because it takes the image of the affected hard drive and then performs further needed things so it wont affect the data further which will help in avoiding permanent data loss...

http://www.harddriverecoveryutility.com/restore-seagate...

http://www.harddriverecoveryutility.com/download/harddr...
m
l
January 14, 2013 4:13:15 AM

You could go try a partition recovery program named Vimx Partition Recovery that specializes in recovering partition data from a deleted partition, formatted partition, corrupted partition and other problem partition.
Note:
1. Do not store any new data on this drive to avoid the original data overwritten by new data, which can make it gone forever.
2. Do not save the recovered data on the same drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to back up your important data before you do any change to it in the future.
m
l
!