Call For Votes (repost)

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 2, 2004 1:16:03 PM

Archived from groups: news.groups,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,misc.writing,alt.kook.lionel-lauer (More info?)

IT IS TIME TO VOTE

It is time to vote against the creation of a new newsgroup to replace
misc.writing.screenplays because that group is the home of the net k00k
Jai Maharaj (Jay Stevens). The new group would be called
misc.writing.screenplays.moderated if it passes and it would be
moderated by censorship advocate Alan Brooks. To vote, send a blank
email to screenplays-ballot@netagw.com and a ballot will be sent to
you. Results will be posted to news.groups in 3 weeks.

GET THEM SOCK PUPPETS OUT OF THE DRESSER FOR THIS ONE!
VOTE NO, AND VOTE OFTEN!

SAY NO TO CENSORSHIP!

ORIGINAL CFV:

FIRST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
moderated group misc.writing.screenplays.moderated

Newsgroups line:
misc.writing.screenplays.moderated Craft/business of screenwriting. (Moderated)

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 23 Dec 2004.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party. Questions about
the proposed group should be directed to the proponent.

Proponent: Alan Brooks <chips@panix.com>
Proponent: Ken Wheat <MwsReader@aol.com>
Proponent: Dena Jo Kanner <denajo2@yahoo.com>
Votetaker: Bill Aten <bill@netagw.com>

RATIONALE: misc.writing.screenplays.moderated

Over the past few years the existing group misc.writing.screenplays has
become a magnet for off-topic cross-posters. In a typical day, as much as
80% of the traffic on this group is driven by a single, malicious,
self-promoting poster. The proposed moderation level is simply to
eliminate most cross-posts, thereby eliminating the most egregious of serial
trolls. Moderation of this group will be automated and very minimal, but
even this level of moderation is expected to reduce overall traffic to the
group by a very large percentage and to bring the on-topic signal well above
the noise again.

This change is requested only to save a beloved and well-used discussion
area by creating a moderated sister newsgroup as a forum where professional
screenwriters and serious, aspiring, amateur writers can discuss their craft
in the public arena.

CHARTER: misc.writing.screenplays.moderated

The misc.writing.screenplays.moderated newsgroup is open to discussion of
the art and business aspects of writing screenplays for feature films,
documentaries and television. Specific topics may include but are not
limited to:

Finding an Agent
Querying Production Companies
Latest formatting trends
Creative screenplay writing
Screenwriting software
Screenwriting books
Screenwriters, their skills and styles
Tools available to the screenwriter
Collaboration issues
Tips from the pros

Moderation policies:

The purpose of the proposed moderation is not to escape from the meandering
and conversational tone of misc.writing.screenplays, but to eliminate the
excessive abuse of the newsgroup by cross-posters from unrelated groups.
The intention is to implement robo-moderation, eliminating all cross-posts
except the few that are appropriate. Cross-posts to groups such as
news.groups, news.announce.newgroups and news.announce.newusers will be
allowed unless these groups become the vehicle for serial-cross-posting by
trolls.

The moderators reserve the right to filter posts from individuals who
already have a history of off-topic cross-posting, and who simply alter
their techniques to single-posting off-topic articles, or who attempt to
flood the group, or who alter their posting headers to simulate approved
status.

END CHARTER.

MODERATOR INFO: misc.writing.screenplays.moderated

Moderator: Alan Brooks <chips@panix.com>
Moderator: Dena Jo Kanner <denajo2@yahoo.com>
Moderator: Mysti Berry <myriadpubs@mac.com>
Administrative contact address: chips@panix.com
Article submission address: mwsm@panix.com

END MODERATOR INFO.

HOW TO VOTE:

In order to vote on this proposal you will first need to request a registered
ballot. This is accomplished by sending an email to the address specified
below from the email account that you intend to use when you submit the ballot
for processing. The Subject: and body of the message does not matter. They
can both be blank (preferred) if your software will allow that.

PLEASE, do not send this entire message back to me as this mail is archived.

Mail your ballot request to: <screenplays-ballot@netagw.com>
Just "replying" to this message should work, but check the "To:" line.

When your email message is received, a reply message will be sent to you with
further instructions regarding how to vote. You will also receive a copy of
the CFV which will contain a ballot that is registered for use only for this
CFV, and only when submitted from the exact same address that originally
requested it.

IMPORTANT VOTING PROCEDURE NOTES:

Standard Guidelines for voting apply. Only one vote per person, no
more than one vote per account. Votes must be mailed directly from
the voter to the votetaker. Anonymous, forwarded, or proxy votes
are not valid. Votes mailed by WWW/HTML/CGI forms are considered
to be anonymous votes.

Vote counting is automated. Failure to follow these directions may
mean that your vote does not get counted. If you do not receive an
acknowledgment of your vote within three days, contact the votetaker
about the problem. It's your responsibility to make sure your vote
is registered correctly. Duplicate votes are resolved in favor of
the most recent valid vote. Names, addresses, and votes of all voters
will be published in the final voting RESULT posting.

DO NOT redistribute this CFV in any manner whatsoever. The purpose of
a Usenet vote is to determine the genuine interest of persons who would
read a proposed newsgroup. Soliciting votes from disinterested parties
defeats this purpose. Only the votetaker, the news.announce.newgroups
moderator, and the proponent (if specifically authorized by the votetaker)
are permitted to distribute copies of this CFV.

Distribution of pre-marked or otherwise modified copies of this CFV is
generally considered voting fraud and should be reported immediately to
the votetaker or the UVV <contact@uvv.org>. In cases where voting fraud
is determined to have occurred, it is standard operating procedure to
delete ALL votes submitted by the violator. When in doubt, ask the
votetaker.

DISTRIBUTION:

The only official sources for copies of this CFV are the locations listed
below, the UVV web site at http://www.uvv.org/, and the votetaker's e-mail
CFV server which can be reached at <screenplays-cfv-request@netagw.com>.

This CFV has been posted to the following newsgroups:

news.announce.newgroups
news.groups
misc.writing.screenplays

Pointers directing readers to this CFV will be posted in the following
mailing lists:

Mailing list name: SCRNWRIT
Submission address: SCRNWRIT@yahoo.com

Mailing list name: STORYNOTES
Submission address: STORYNOTES@yahoo.com

More about : call votes repost

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 12:39:34 AM

Archived from groups: news.groups,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,misc.writing (More info?)

"Russ" <russ@TheCabal.zzn.com> wrote in message
> IT IS TIME TO VOTE
>
> It is time to vote against the creation of a new newsgroup to replace
> misc.writing.screenplays because that group is the home of the net k00k

And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 12:39:35 AM

Fi Nishing wrote:

> And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
> indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?

I don't suppose the notion of ignoring trolls and not replying to them (esp.
x-posted) ever entered your mind?

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `'
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________
Related resources
December 3, 2004 1:37:24 AM

A writer is someone who has written today. Fi Nishing <fi@fisplace.info> wrote:

> "Russ" <russ@TheCabal.zzn.com> wrote in message
> > IT IS TIME TO VOTE
> >
> > It is time to vote against the creation of a new newsgroup to replace
> > misc.writing.screenplays because that group is the home of the net k00k
>
> And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
> indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?

Yeah! And what about us? What does all this nonsense gots to
do with alt.creative-uses-for-old-tampons???

I mean, gawd.

--
gekko

Remember, even if you win the rat race -- you're still a rat.
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 2:26:42 AM

Archived from groups: news.groups,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,misc.writing (More info?)

Fi Nishing goes:

>"Russ" <russ@TheCabal.zzn.com> wrote in message
>> IT IS TIME TO VOTE
>>
>> It is time to vote against the creation of a new newsgroup to replace
>> misc.writing.screenplays because that group is the home of the net k00k
>
>And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
>indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?

I imagine he thought all you photo enthusiasts would be agin
censorship, what with all the pr0n stuff you wish you were "shooting".

Camera, check.
Flash thingy, check.
Lights, check.
Leopardskin rug, check.
Roll of paper thingy, check.
Dolly-bird, uh-oh!

--
AH
Anonymous

"Fi Nishing" <fi@fisplace.info> wrote in message

> "Russ" <russ@TheCabal.zzn.com> wrote in message
> > IT IS TIME TO VOTE
> >
> > It is time to vote against the creation of a new newsgroup to replace
> > misc.writing.screenplays because that group is the home of the net k00k
>
> And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
> indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?

Didn't you know that a lot of photographers are into screen plays? On AOL
it's called screen names!
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 12:12:25 PM

"Alan Hope" <not.alan.hope@mail.com> wrote in message
> Fi Nishing goes:
>>And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
>>indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?
>
> I imagine he thought all you photo enthusiasts would be agin
> censorship, what with all the pr0n stuff you wish you were "shooting".

Oh you rather sad and ignorant idiot. You are obviously not a photographer
otherwise your view of the world would not be so narrow.
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 11:37:12 PM

Archived from groups: news.groups,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,misc.writing (More info?)

Des Perado goes:

>"Alan Hope" <not.alan.hope@mail.com> wrote in message
>> Fi Nishing goes:
>>>And what the bloody hell has this got to do with digital photography??? Or
>>>indeed 35mm photography, which I see you also posted to?

>> I imagine he thought all you photo enthusiasts would be agin
>> censorship, what with all the pr0n stuff you wish you were "shooting".

>Oh you rather sad and ignorant idiot. You are obviously not a photographer
>otherwise your view of the world would not be so narrow.

Sure, bud. Your nym says it all. "Artist seeks model. Must be free
spirit, no bourgeois hangups. Reasonable rates paid, pizza provided."

--
AH
Anonymous

> Sure, bud. Your nym says it all. "Artist seeks model. Must be free
> spirit, no bourgeois hangups. Reasonable rates paid, pizza provided."

What a twat. Who the hell are you supposed to be?
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 7:29:00 PM

Archived from groups: news.groups,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,misc.writing,alt.culture.hawaii (More info?)

Another newsgroup infested with the Jai virus eh??

!