Battlefield bad company 2 problem

hi, i dont get over 25 fps at high settings with 4x aa and 4x af. and at low setting i get 30fps. what is the problem with my specs?

core 2 duo e4500 @ 2.7 ghz
2 gb ddr2 900mhZ
gts 250 512mb
Asus P5kvm (g33)
460W psu
15 answers Last reply
More about battlefield company problem
  1. On what res do you play?

Cheers!
  2. i think you cpu is bottlenecking, maybe try to overclock it a little bit more? what is your resolution? and if you want you can try to overlclock your gts 250 too :)
  3. hey, thanks for replying,
    i play at 1280 x 1024..... i am on stock cooler so i cant go above, cpu temp already at 68 degrees on 100% load :(
  4. oh ok, its probably a cpu bottleneck if you play at that resolution. you can buy a better cpu cooler (cm hyper 212+) and overclock more or you could buy a new CPU.
  5. Derbixrace said:
    i think you cpu is bottlenecking, maybe try to overclock it a little bit more? what is your resolution? and if you want you can try to overlclock your gts 250 too :)

this is one of the few games that uses a lot of cpu power, my quad has 70% utilization
  6. Just lower AA and might want to disable vertical sync :P

What programs are you running on the background?

Cheers!
  7. will the q8400 work for the next 2-3 years? i dont want to get a new mobo and i5
  8. nothing much,
    jdownloader, live messenger and fraps
  9. mindless728 said:
    this is one of the few games that uses a lot of cpu power, my quad has 70% utilization

yeah i have noticed that its pretty cpu dependant, it uses about 70% too of my q6600 @ 3.33
  10. i would not buy the q8xxx series as they are poor overclockers :D i would look on a q6xxx or a q9xxx. i think a q6600 with an overclock over 3ghz would do you good :)
  11. If you're on Win7, or worse, in Vista, you might need a little more RAM.

Try running the game with little load on the background and disable AA.

Cheers!
  12. yeah didnt notice he had only 2gb of ram, if your using vista or win 7 you should get another 2gb of ram too :/
  13. ok, i'll see what i do... thanks for help
  14. Derbixrace said:
    yeah i have noticed that its pretty cpu dependant, it uses about 70% too of my q6600 @ 3.33

i have a friend with a C2D at near the same speed and it kills the performance, though he has 4GB ram and a 4850
  15. Definately the CPU. The recommended CPU is a quad core running @ 2.0 GHz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield FPS Graphics