Nothing works.after I Uninstall 7-Zip!

delladellazo

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
After uninstalling 7zip file manager, many programs in the start menu will not open, a blue task pane covers the left half of screen and cannot be removed, attempted to open help and support, and received an error message stating: file path can not be found.......
At this point I went to System Restore and restored to a point before the uninstall. Unfortunately no restore point existed for before I installed 7-zip. After the restore everything was back to normal. And of course, 7-zip was there as well. I did some research and was told to open 7-zip, and uncheck the boxes in the options menu for file associations. However, none of the boxes were even checked in the first place. I tried to uninstall again anyway, and the same thing happened. Once again I used system restore, and once again the computer is running normally. What to do?
About Program; 7-zip 9.20, copyright 1999-2010, Igor Pavlov, free software

ktownmike

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Leave the zip program on or try ccleaner to remove it, then run a registry scan with ccleaner. Then add a new user and logon with that user and see if life is good.

delladellazo

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I used ccleaner and set a restore point then uninstalled. The same thing happens. Once I restore my computer everything is fine. Except that 7zip is still on my computer. Keeping it is NOT an option, I do not like to get hijacked by programs I don't want. I just want to uninstall it. I just cont know how/ Thank you for your suggestion, I wish that it had worked,

thespyderryder

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Does anyone know who or what company is responsable for 7-zip? Someone find out, Ill sue them for a fix, they are the ones who should be made to deal with it! Most of us who has it got it by having it downloaded with a program that we wanted. I got mine with the ICAM application!So, as far as im concerned they are responsable for the damage to my notebook

7-Zip is open source. There is no one developer, but many. It's your fault that you installed 7 zip. The ICAM installer should have given you the option to not install 7-zip. You should have looked at the installer more closely.

Oracle uses this same type deception when installing Java. It always tries to install some kind of crappy toolbar that you need to opt out of.

Anyhow, I've never had issues with 7-zip and I always download it from the 7 zip site.

http://www.7-zip.org/

TRENDING THREADS