Sign in with
Your question

Problem playing FPS games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2010 2:31:41 PM

I hope this is in the right forum.

I have a problem when playing Call Of Duty Multi-player on online. it's been ongoing for some time now.

My PC shows me shooting the enemy many times, but with no effect. he then turns and shoots me with one shot. If I then watch the replay (On the servers that have REPLAY turned) it shows that the enemy shot me before I even attempted to fire.
What causes this? I have a the fastest cable connection I can get from Comcast and I'm gettin great upload/download speeds.
Here's my pc specs:

MB - Abit IP35-e
CPU - Intel C2D E6850 3.00 GHZ
Ram - 8GB - Gskill DDR2 800
Video - eVga 8800 GT 512MB PCIe 1.0
OS - Vista 64 bit ( I had the same issue with XP)

The PC runs well, with no lag or other problems. I have the game resolution turned to 1024 x 768 with no AA.

Is this a Video card / PC problem or is there some network tweaks I can do that would help.

I'm pretty computer savvy, so if anyone can tell me how, and in what order, these Online games process the incoming transaction it might be helpful.

My gut tells me it's time to upgrade my hardware, but I'd like to understand the cause first.

Thanks

a c 235 U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 2:43:35 PM

your PC hardware is still solid, its not the latest and greatest but more then enough to play most games

does this occur with most enemy players or just a few random ones? The FPS multi-players games are well know to have cheaters in them.
m
l
March 7, 2010 2:51:50 PM

^ true, depending on the game.

Another culprit could be server lag, though it doesn't happen often.
m
l
March 7, 2010 3:52:16 PM

This has been happening for a year or so. It seems to be the norm for me. I know it isn't always hackers because I have friends that do this to me. They don't know why either. I just play call of duty (cod4, WAW and MW2).
I do have a digital KVM switch, but I don't see how that would cause this.

Thanks
m
l
!