BIOS and OS settings for Windows 7 64-bit media center - which ones?

gaijinboricua

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am currently running a home theatre PC on windows 7 64-bit. My current configuration includes:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
RAM : 4 GB (2 x 2GB)
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 2 WD hard drives (7200 RPM)
CD drive: DVD-RW drive
Case: Antec Fusion Black Remote Mini ATX

I was wondering what are the correct settings for the BIOS and the OS if I wish to run the media center application in windows 7 64-bit. I do not have a tuner card yet, but I will be adding one later.
I am interested in been able to lower my power usage when idle, but still be able to to record shows as scheduled.

Solution
You don't have to change any BIOS or OS settings to run Media Center. Double-click on the "Media Center" icon and you're good to go. :)

I guess one thing to double check is the power options. You should make sure the CPU power saving options are turned on. They are turned on by default, though. When you get your TV tuner card, you can have the computer go to sleep after a set time. It will automatically wake up to record scheduled recordings and go back to sleep.
You don't have to change any BIOS or OS settings to run Media Center. Double-click on the "Media Center" icon and you're good to go. :)

I guess one thing to double check is the power options. You should make sure the CPU power saving options are turned on. They are turned on by default, though. When you get your TV tuner card, you can have the computer go to sleep after a set time. It will automatically wake up to record scheduled recordings and go back to sleep.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS