Closed

Dell Battery LED

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b D Laptop
September 4, 2004 10:25:18 AM

Just last night the battery LED on my inspiron 5150 started blinking a
funny pattern -- 3 orange short, then 1 green long. This does not
change regardless of whether the AC is connected or not. BIOS check
at power on tells me that the battery is 100% charged (though it
wasn't last night when this started).

Anybody know what that's all about? I used to have a ThinkPad that
basically lost its ability to hold a charge, and I'm worried that my
battery on this one is dying. Since I run Linux on it without ACPI I
dont have a good battery monitor, either.

Duane

More about : dell battery led

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 4, 2004 9:23:43 PM

Make that 4 short yellow and 1 long green, I miscounted.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've been having memory trouble
over the past couple of days. I wouldn't expect that it is related,
as the memory trouble started days ago and the blinking light just
started last night, but who knows.

Duane

dmorin@gmail.com (Duane Morin) wrote in message news:<60428b02.0409040525.67c0386a@posting.google.com>...
> Just last night the battery LED on my inspiron 5150 started blinking a
> funny pattern -- 3 orange short, then 1 green long. This does not
> change regardless of whether the AC is connected or not. BIOS check
> at power on tells me that the battery is 100% charged (though it
> wasn't last night when this started).
>
> Anybody know what that's all about? I used to have a ThinkPad that
> basically lost its ability to hold a charge, and I'm worried that my
> battery on this one is dying. Since I run Linux on it without ACPI I
> dont have a good battery monitor, either.
>
> Duane
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 7, 2004 3:00:23 AM

Duane Morin wrote:
> Make that 4 short yellow and 1 long green, I miscounted.
>
> It's probably worth mentioning that I've been having memory trouble
> over the past couple of days. I wouldn't expect that it is related,
> as the memory trouble started days ago and the blinking light just
> started last night, but who knows.
>
> Duane
>
> dmorin@gmail.com (Duane Morin) wrote in message news:<60428b02.0409040525.67c0386a@posting.google.com>...
>
>>Just last night the battery LED on my inspiron 5150 started blinking a
>>funny pattern -- 3 orange short, then 1 green long. This does not
>>change regardless of whether the AC is connected or not. BIOS check
>>at power on tells me that the battery is 100% charged (though it
>>wasn't last night when this started).
>>
>>Anybody know what that's all about? I used to have a ThinkPad that
>>basically lost its ability to hold a charge, and I'm worried that my
>>battery on this one is dying. Since I run Linux on it without ACPI I
>>dont have a good battery monitor, either.
>>
>>Duane
I've got a Latitude CPi r400 and the same thing happened to me the night
before last. I think it might have something to do with overheating.
Did you test the battery by pressing the button on the battery? When I
tested mine, it blinked three green lights. I'm letting my battery sit
a couple of days and then I'll reinstall it and see what happens. If
the cells get too hot I guess it take awhile for them to cool down.
Anyway, I recharged my battery and it charged 100% and lasted about 1
hour, the same as before. But the light pattern you described was still
going on the whole time the battery was installed on my computer.
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2004 1:47:23 PM

i have the exact same problem with 4 orange short and 1 green long.

Reviewing the Dell System Documentation provides ABSOLUTELY no help.

When I take out the battery and press the battery LED lights on the
back of the battery, I get the three blinking lights just like the
other poster...anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

dmorin@gmail.com (Duane Morin) wrote in message news:<60428b02.0409040525.67c0386a@posting.google.com>...
> Just last night the battery LED on my inspiron 5150 started blinking a
> funny pattern -- 3 orange short, then 1 green long. This does not
> change regardless of whether the AC is connected or not. BIOS check
> at power on tells me that the battery is 100% charged (though it
> wasn't last night when this started).
>
> Anybody know what that's all about? I used to have a ThinkPad that
> basically lost its ability to hold a charge, and I'm worried that my
> battery on this one is dying. Since I run Linux on it without ACPI I
> dont have a good battery monitor, either.
>
> Duane
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 26, 2009 1:11:00 AM

Quote:

i have the exact same problem with 4 orange short and 1 green long.

Reviewing the Dell System Documentation provides ABSOLUTELY no help.

When I take out the battery and press the battery LED lights on the
back of the battery, I get the three blinking lights just like the
other poster...anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

dmorin@gmail.com (Duane Morin) wrote in message news:<60428b02.0409040525.67c0386a@posting.google.com>...
> Just last night the battery LED on my inspiron 5150 started blinking a
> funny pattern -- 3 orange short, then 1 green long. This does not
> change regardless of whether the AC is connected or not. BIOS check
> at power on tells me that the battery is 100% charged (though it
> wasn't last night when this started).
>

> Anybody know what that's all about? I used to have a ThinkPad that
> basically lost its ability to hold a charge, and I'm worried that my
> battery on this one is dying. Since I run Linux on it without ACPI I
> dont have a good battery monitor, either.
>
> Duane

the battery is kaput or will be soon its ur laptop lettin you know its dying
September 1, 2011 1:48:26 PM

Same blinking pattern. But the battery runs for over 3 hours, and recharges fine.

I thought of flashing the bios to see if there is a correction?
a b D Laptop
September 5, 2011 2:00:59 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!