Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does overclocking void my GPU warranty?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 31, 2013 4:06:34 AM

This is my GPU- http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
I want to overclock it, would it void my warranty if I do? I'd get a really good cooling system if I do overclock it. I heard that it would only void my warranty if it broke because of overclocking.
What about if I overclock the core 800mhz to like 850mhz?
Someone please explain D: D: D: :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

More about : overclocking void gpu warranty

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 5:10:53 AM

No.

Just use the cooler it has.
Score
January 31, 2013 5:44:56 AM

amuffin said:
No.

Just use the cooler it has.

Well funny thing is that theres not really a cooler :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  . Just a giant heatsink. Thanks for the reply though. I'll still be looking around for more answers just in case.
Score
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 5:56:34 AM

Overclocking the 6670 won't really help you get that much performance.
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 5:59:48 AM

You can just ghetto strap a fan onto it :p 

Score
January 31, 2013 6:43:09 AM

stickmansam said:
You can just ghetto strap a fan onto it :p 

:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
Score
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 6:53:47 AM

markus843 said:
:pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

Did it to my old FX5200

Integrated non removable fan dies? No problem, just use zip ties to put another one on top of the old one XD
Score
January 31, 2013 6:58:36 AM

stickmansam said:
Did it to my old FX5200

Integrated non removable fan dies? No problem, just use zip ties to put another one on top of the old one XD

Kind of funny you mentioned this, I did "ghetto strap" a fan to my CPU Heatsink LOL. Not to mention, I also cut my CPU power cord and added some copper wires with insulators to make it longer (stock PSU CPU cable was too short), and all is fine. Honestly, I'd probably consider adding a fan to my gpu lol. Thanks for the reply
Score
February 10, 2013 2:42:37 AM

Still looking for someone who knows a lot about voiding warranty/ had experience not getting a replacement because of an overclock?
Score

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
February 10, 2013 5:16:33 PM

Make sure it's a software overclock and don't touch the GPU's firmware, and don't physically modify the GPU. And if something happens don't say your OC it. Off hand companies like EVGA allow overclocking to still be in warrenty I believe (from what I've heard not positive) but other companies frown on it. But as long as you do what I say for overclocking there should be no way for them to know.
February 10, 2013 9:43:36 PM

Best answer selected by markus843.
Score
February 10, 2013 9:43:56 PM

assasin32 said:
Make sure it's a software overclock and don't touch the GPU's firmware, and don't physically modify the GPU. And if something happens don't say your OC it. Off hand companies like EVGA allow overclocking to still be in warrenty I believe (from what I've heard not positive) but other companies frown on it. But as long as you do what I say for overclocking there should be no way for them to know.

Thank you
Score
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2013 12:17:50 PM

I bougth Gainward 670 2 gb, and i recived cd in box. In that cd I have Expert tooll program -This program is for overclocking. And i have waranty... That is mean than I not loose my Waranty if i Overclocked?
Score
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2013 9:36:55 AM

Off hand I don't know you need to read your warranty to find out. But I would just follow the advice I said earlier in the post to play it safe if something happens.
Score
!