Your question

First time Overclocking question

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 31, 2013 9:56:27 AM

Hey guys,

For as long as i know i have been forever afraid to overclock. However I decided to give it a go. My processor is a Phenom ii X6 1045t which stock is 2.7ghz and my mobo is a asrock n68c-s UCC. I plan to get a Cooler Master 212 and some arctic silver thermal paste and overclock to 3.4 ghz. What i want to know is it safe and worth it? Can my motherboard take it?

Thanks alot guys

More about : time overclocking question

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 10:16:38 PM

The best thing to do is google your motherboard for reviews to see if its good for overclocking, then read up tutorials on overclocking a few different ones and start off with a small overclock just to get used of changing the settings and to help you understand what it is your reading in the tutorials
With all overclocking there is an element of risk but the biggest danger is heat so make sure you have good airflow in your case and a good cooler and get software like coretemp and hwmonitor to keep tabs on those temps and run something like prime95 to test for stability and check what the maximum temps are, these are all free to download programs if you google them and most of all enjoy your overclocking and post your results at the amd overclocking club thread
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261868-11-overclock...
!